Givens article and other info

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Ewker, May 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HorusKing

HorusKing Guest

Man The titans should have been all over Randy Moss after we didn't draft a Wr in the 1st or 2nd round. With David Givens not being healthy and he was walking with Cane only 2 weeks ago isn't good news for our wr corps. THe titans better get Keyshawn or trade for a wr who can start right away because there is no need to hope that we will get a very productive year from D. Givens at this point.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Tennessee was never even going to fart in Moss's direction.

3. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

[​IMG]

Well- at least not without lighting it.

4. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Well...

Moss came into the league and set it on fire...

but as more and more praise went to Culpepper, he didn't like it. And Moss sometimes goes all out...and sometimes he totally dogs it...even on a good team.

We've seen how he is on a team that's not winning...he's a cancer!

We're not exactly a 'winning' team yet so the potential (or is it probability) for disaster is high (for us).

However, I see no good reason why we shouldn't grab Keyshawn...he doesn't have the speed, but he's an all out player, a great blocker, possession WR and red zone target. And unlike some guys we've had in the past, Keyshawn has good hands!

Gut

5. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

:thumb:

exactly...

6. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I'm sure the Titans were very aware of Given's situation when they decided to pass on drafting Ws in the first two rounds and I agree with Gunny, Moss was never going to be in their plans. Jackson had a better chance of becoming a Titan than Moss.

In retrospect I'm satisfied with the strategy the Titans used in the draft. The draft was packed with a number of WRs who were 2nd round rated talent and we saw 5 of them picked in the 3rd round before our pick. They all fell to the 3rd round mainly because they came from smaller programs or like Paul Williams had less than stellar senior years due to injury. Paul Williams would have easily been a 2nd round pick for somebody IMO if he had improved on his 2005 performance when he was first-team All-Western Athletic Conference. Even had we picked a WR in the first round (there wasn't anyone worthy of our 2nd round pick IMO left on the board at that point) we wouldn't be in much better shape because young WRs typically don't produce right away anyway.

I'm optimistic someone will step up. I have no idea who that will be but we have 3 3rd year guys, one 2nd year guy and Gage is going into his 5th year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar