Givens Faces Long Recovery

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jan 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: WR David Givens is optimistic to return from his knee surgery in time for next season. However, his injury was more serious than the one to Brandon Jones which puts his status for the early part of next season in doubt. "I tore my meniscus. My meniscus had to be repaired," Givens said. "I broke a bone in my knee, and I had to have some bone plugs put in a spot where my bone was broken. I had the ACL torn, and that was repaired. There’s a few things that were done." Givens, who signed a $24 million package last offseason, remains on crutches and is several weeks away from being able to run.

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. Ewker

Ewker Starter

This brings back to many memories. The Titans signing free agent WR's who get hurt. Lets hope he has a speedy recovery

3. JMB54

JMB54 Waitin on a Win!

I hope he can return by camp this year but it sounds more like a pup list to me.

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

a torn meniscus is fairly minor. i tore mine in May and have put off surgery since. i can still play basketball and lift weights as long as i wear a brace.

but that other stuff, man, that's tough. it amazes me how he can break a bone the way he got hurt. no one even touched him. that's what, the third year in a row we've had a WR just fall down in the middle of the field with a knee injury?

5. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

From the looks of things, this will be an annual occurrence unless they do something about that field.

6. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

I remember watching the replay that showed Givens getting injured & it really looked like nothing dramatic had happened to him. His list of damage sounds like he'd been in a car wreck or something bad like that.

Realistically he's not going to be 100% confident in it by the start of next season. We have not had much luck with our recent pool of WR's or TE's in terms of them staying healthy.

It does make you wonder if we're doing something that's causing them but the reality of it is that there's been a number of different injuries so pin pointing an obvious cause isn't easy.

7. rock8titans

rock8titans Starter

I for one don't think he would make an impact here when healthy. Just because he played well with Brady doesn't mean it will translate equally with the Titans. Any receiver the Titans/Oilers bring in never seem to work. The short time he did play and learn the Titans system he was a non-factor. Guess we will have to wait a while now to find out.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Count him out..

Let's assume that he will never make a signficant contribution again. Forget about 2007 and think about tyrone calico. Givens could also be done.

I'm not trying to be harsh or pessimsstic but the titans have to plan as if he is going to be a non contributor next year.

Anything we get from him will be gravy.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Childress..

Realistically he's not going to be 100% confident in it by the start of next season
    --------------------------

He won't be active at all by the start of the season.

10. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Your on the money in both quotes :yes:

Nice to see you Rolltide

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar