Givens to visit Tennessee

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NYTitansFan, Mar 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

Yes we need Givens. More leadership for the three rooks from this year. He will be good opposite Bennett. Even though I like him, and want him to prove himself and stay with us, Calico will find a way to get hurt again.

2. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

If we get Givens, Calico is history, kicked in the *** with the boot labeled "BUST"

3. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Well, no question is abilities and experience would be a gain, but $25mill over 5 years just to tutor rookies (if we're assuming they will be our future WR's) is a little much isn't it?

Of course, if Calico doesn't come around, we'd have Givens, Bennet as #1 and #2 and Roby, Jones and Williams could fight for the #3 spot.

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

It's a fishing expedition. He's making the rounds. He's already hit Miami and Houston. It looks like Buffalo, San Francisco, Denver, Seattle, New Orleans and Cleveland have all shown interest.

Here's his numbers:
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=6115

No way I pay what he is wanting.

5. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

I'm not saying he would be here just to tutor them. He would be here to produce.

6. royhobbs

royhobbs Guest

I agree with Jeff...that's alot of bling!

7. adamwinn51

adamwinn51 Starter

I am not paying that much for him. Let somebody else over pay him.

8. royhobbs

royhobbs Guest

From ESPN:
    His receptions total has improved every season and his quickness, double-move skills and size are impressive. It's notable, though, that he never has played a full 16-game schedule, and there are questions as to whether he can be a No. 1 receiver.

Not worth 5 years - $25 million :sad2:

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

We are lacking a #1. Bennett I don't think is a true #1 and is not capable of being an impact reciever. I don't think Givens is an impact either.

Maybe Calico could surprise us all.

10. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

He made around what Hartwig made this past year. That would be quite a jump. He is in no way worth that amount yet. I'd give him less, but I would probably wait until he went through all the other teams first. If he's gone, fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar