Givens to visit Tennessee

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NYTitansFan, Mar 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Me too.

2. TITANZFN09

TITANZFN09 Starter

if you are going to give someone 5 mil a year.........give T.O a 1 yr/$3mil with a $2 mil signing bonus and throw in some incentive and CONDUCT goals.I am sure fisher and mac can deal with him.

3. bharper2k

bharper2k Camp Fodder

From the Boston Globe's Reiss' Pieces blog

"Givens was scheduled to tour Nashville on Monday night to get a feel for the city. Blank said the plan was for he and Givens to reconvene Tuesday morning to discuss his contract options."

Read the rest of the tidbit here.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I get the feeling we will sign Givens.

5. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

The contract offered called for 3 receptions next season. Noting Houston's QB, he deemed these terms NLTBE.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

:ha:

7. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Lot of money being thrown at Givens. He should and Thornton should help with the locker room having both played on solid SB contending rings.

At 5' 11", I'm assuming we'll use him in the flats and slants. Honestly, I'm lukewarm if he actually does sign. I'm believing in Reese and Fisher on this one.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

He has a career average of 14 yards per catch, it was only 12 per catch last season. But he has had 2 straight seasons of yards over 700 which isn't too bad considering that type of offense New England run and that Givens was not their #1 last year. (and not bad for a 7th round pick)

9. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

It is obvious Givens was a priority for the Titans and that is enough for me. I feel he is very "mason-like". I can't remember which magazine it was, I think TSN, but they had suggested Givens as the best FA out there for the Titans to sign a few weeks ago. I think that while we have good young talent at WR, we need some vet leadership and someone who is good at route running. Givens certainly is that and is also a good blocker. I like this signing if it happens.

TO? No thanks. Do you honestly think TO wants anything less than a huge contract to play in a small market town? If Andy Reid and McNabb can't handle him, what makes you think McNair and Fisher could? He would be the worst thing for a young team, imo.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Believe it or not, I think TO, because he has generated a little interest may be humbled and actually may have learnt his lesson.

Of course he and the scumbag known as an agent will pedal that crap to any team looking at him, but one more problem with him and he may never play again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar