Givens to wear #89

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titanium, Apr 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Eddie may never retire himself. ;)

2. maximus

maximus Starter

:lol:

3. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

A Steeler fan this week asked on Sirius radio if the hosts thought Eddie would be a good replacement for Bettis in Pittsburgh given that Staley battles so many injuries. They had a good chuckle with that.

4. Titanium

Titanium TITANFN Staff

5. cdy_hitt

cdy_hitt Senior...

Does anyone have an idea when the the jerseys of our FA signings will be available???

6. but think if we retired everyones number that had a lot of accomplishments, pretty soon there wouldnt be enough numbers for our team to wear

7. It doesn't matter for us Brits.

We have a choice between Eddie George........and Eddie George:wall: :cry:

8. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

Ha! - At least us real vikings has some better choices! - We have McNair and... - McNair!

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Jeff...

Wouldn't bother me at all to see a #27 out there. Eddie was not walter payton, he will not be in the hall of fame. Eddie proabably would be more deserving of having his number retired than wycheck. He made twice as many pro bowls and never missed a game which is a significant accomplishment.

The only jersey number that should be untouchable in my mind would be bruce matthews. To be that good that long is simply extrordinary and he was the best player in franchise history.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Consider this...

I mentioned this stat on another thread but it puts wycheck in perspective. 6 TEs had more yards receiving in 2005 than wycheck had in his best season. Wycheck had 768 yards in 1998 his personal best. Antonio gates had 1100 yards receiving this year. Can you honestly say that wycheck was a better player then than a todd heap, jason witten or shockley now? No and he couldn't touch a gonzales or gates. Even in an era in which there were not as many good TEs wycheck only made 2 pro bowls.

Good player, i loved the guy but not an all time great.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar