Givens to wear #89

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titanium, Apr 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I think it's part of this huge old/young transition. So many of our former greats are gone, and their numbers are changing. 89 was vacant for two years, I think it's ok to let givens have it, he should do good things for it. The FO is definitely trying to revamp the team and get us some new names to remember. Last year that was tricky sometimes.

2. He can always buy a ticket like the rest of us... :ha:

I don't know if they will retire Eddie's number, or just his jersey. There are only so many numbers to go around.

As for #89, they held it out for a few years. But they can't really retire a number in the 80's. They are basically all used every year as it is.

3. Canadian Titan

Canadian Titan VY & CJ = New SM & EG

Thats Slaughter's old number! #89

Slaughter retired that number in Houston! :brow:

4. dontdraftcutler

dontdraftcutler Downing Sucks. Kelly sucks even more.

Wait a minute...what about Earl Campbell? As a matter of fact, I think his number is retired.

5. I was gonna say Campbell aswell but I forgot if his number was retired or not, anyone?

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I think #34 is retired.

7. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

hope will wear 23 , mawe will wear 68 , givens is 89 i guess and thorton will be 50.. and of course Young wearing that number 10 like on the cover of sports illistrated for kids lol

8. H Man

H Man Guest

Yeah Dude, Earl's #34 was retired, so were:
    74 Bruce Matthews
    63 Mike Munchak
    65 Elvin Bethea
    43 Jim Norton (all-time AFL interception leader)

9. Whats this about Vince?? can you post the picture or a long to the picture

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar