giving the game ball to...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TexasTitan24, Nov 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tennygrl619

tennygrl619 Rookie

Vince Young gets the game ball from me. Not just for 1st downs we needed him to get us, but for his swagger. I loved seeing him on the Texans sideline letting them know what's up. I think Vince Young has been spending some time with Cortland Finnegan.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. DJB

DJB Starter

I have to give it to Vince also. The Titans had bad starting field position all night and even if they didn't score they needed to pick up a couple first downs to change that field position. And while Vince was running for first downs the defense was getting rested.

3. costarica2

costarica2 Banned forever

O line they own the texans the whole game almost 0 pressure and they push them back 2 yrds in every play.Also the Wrs blocking.

4. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

They tried to stop CJ and got burned by VY. When they tried to stop VY, they got burned by CJ

5. hoheff78

hoheff78 Camp Fodder

VY and CJ, they complement each other so well its scary. I gotta give it to coach dinger for grooming VY the way is, kinda reminds me of what he did with McNair. Just gives me that dejavu feeling when mcnair woke up and figured things out.

6. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

I don't know the numbers but I wonder how many yards CJ got in every drive after we got the first first down.
    I bet CJ would have much fewer yards if we took out all of Vince's 3rd down conversions...particularly the running ones.

Game ball should go to Vince, even though he was able to do that because the defense was keying on CJ.

7. 4EverYoung

4EverYoung Camp Fodder

Chris Johnson was actually pretty disappointing.

It seemed he ran straight into a pile of defenders about 20 times.

8. earlers

earlers Camp Fodder

Hell has officially frozen.

9. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

You gotta go with the hometown kid who everybody was talking about coming into this game. #10 VY.

Of course he had some throws that could've/should've been picked but they weren't. He also made some really nice throws too. That pass to Nate that he dropped was d@mn near perfect. Had him beat and Vince put it right in his hands.

CJ did really good and deserves all the credit in the world for his contributions. I won't say but because I don't wanna take anything away from CJ. Vince also made key plays and lead this team to victory. The threat of VY running added to CJ's success. So I feel that given all the hype coming into this one, VY showed up and played extremely well and deserved the game ball.

10. titans2871

titans2871 Adrian Who?

Vince played good but CJ is carrying this team. Without CJ vince is not the same vince and anyone that says he is is lying to yourself. Defenses have to respect CJ enough to open up passing lanes and have a LB cover him at all times which leaves running lanes for VY. Perfect example is last night when VY almost scores on a option play.. VY has no success with that play without defenses being scared of CJ. That man has roughly 725 yards the last 5 games... I give VY credit but without CJ's numbers and the Def. playing better we dont win the last 4 games... I would also argue though that VY's threat of running helps CJ as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar