Gloat's Gripes

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Deuce Wayne, Nov 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

nice try putting this in the funny thing thread.

I'm willing to believe you found Gloats thread funny, I did myself, but not for 1 second do I believe Gloat meant it to be funny. I think he was serious as a VY third option running an inside post. I think there are plenty of people on this site capable of a double/triple move such as you are giving him credit for, but not Gloat

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I would love for our team to be the 'worst super champs ever," every single year!

I hope bama can be the worst team ever to win a national ncaa championship. What an honor!

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Uh. Every one of those teams are mediocre, and their records prove it.
    So whatever point you were trying to make - you failed. Terribly.

And the Giants were a fluke/joke. I don't care how they lucked their way through the playoffs and superbowl. Everyone knows they weren't even a top 3 team that season.

4. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

But what you fail to realize is that it's the NFL, any given Sunday. Are the Giants better than the Browns? Of course but they still lost to them. We have yet to slip up to a team who's not as good as us. That's the point.

Please explain how the Giants lucked their way to the Superbowl. They went on the road and beat 3 quality teams and then beat the team nobody else could. You failed. Terribly.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Fact: You are not everyone.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

When you win games that no one thought you had a chance winning, and you're not even in the top 3...maybe top 5 teams in the nfl - you lucked your way in. The Giants were garbage. Worst super bowl champions ever, and the only reason people liked that they won is because they wanted to see the patriots lose. That simple.
    They lucked out. Runs in the Manning family.

7. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

All that matters is the postseason.
    The Giants were in the top 3 in the postseason. They didn't luck their way into anything. They beat the cream of the crop in the NFC in the playoffs.
    You don't luck your way past 4 of the best teams in the NFL. The Cowboys were the "second best" team in the NFL, at least talent wise, but they can't get it done when it matters.. Does that leave them as a "top team" in your book?
    I don't care if the Titans have an entirely pro-bowl roster, if we don't win in the big games, it's all for nothing anyways.

As a Titans fan.. and Michigan fan, you should know that having the best talent doesn't make you the best team. The Pats were the best "players," the Giants were the best "team"

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Repeat after me: I am not everyone. I don't speak for everyone.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

You see gloat it is not what "everyone" thinks. It is what happens. the giants beat the best teams in the nfl in succession last playoff and were the best team! The way they are playing this year proves they are no fluke.

Now, today we can see why they won last year.

Their defense is elite.

Their offensive line might be the best in the whole league.

Their RBs collectively might be the best in the whole league.

Their QB stepped up and became elite.

The titans are winning for the exact same reasons! To say the giants were a fluke is moronic!

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Who cares what people thought was going to happen? They won the games isn't that all that matters? Did I think they would win the Superbowl? No. But because didn't THINK they would make it does that mean they weren't as good? No. This argument of yours makes no sense. By your own definition I could say that were the worst 10-0 team ever because nobody thought we would be 10-0 and the Rays are the worst AL champs ever because nobody thought they would be there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar