Gloat's Gripes

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Deuce Wayne, Nov 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

And i thought winning was a good thing,not by this thread i guess :rolleyes:

2. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Best is as best does. Otherwise it's all a big pile of worthless opinion. Titans weren't considered even close to the best team 8 weeks ago, and now they are - in 8 more weeks who knows. So which is it? We magically got better or everyone realized they have no ability to evaluate talent? It's one or the other.

Were the Pats really the best team last year? Or did everyone have their heads so far up Brady's derriere that they didn't notice the Giants were playing better? I have an idea, why don't we ask them to prove it - we'll put the Pats and the Giants on the field together.... oh wait, we already did.

"Best" is a theory. It's everyone's opinions all lumped together... until you get a chance to prove it. If the test turns out different than most people thought, then they flat out thought wrong.

3. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

While I won't call this a "gripe" of mine, it is my biggest fear with the remaining season.

We are in such a lucky situation, where Fisherball finally has a chance to produce a Superbowl champion. I think there are 3 blessings we can count that help us be in this situation:

1) Tom Brady- out for the season, as well as the many other Patriot injuries. We are in a fortunate situation that we aren't going to have to deal with any high-power offense like last seasons patriots. And even though they're record is decent, they're defense is also hurting. I don't fear them at all this season.

2) Shawn Merriman and the fall of the Chargers- This team has the ingredients to be front runners of the AFC after the Patriots fell. Merriman and Chambers injuries have really hurt this team. It will be good if we don't have to deal with them this season, but even if we do, they aren't as strong as last year.

3) The NFL rule change regarding catches (and having to get two feet in bounds, getting pushed out doesn't count as a catch): I haven't looked at stats this season vs. last season to back this up. But I think this has helped all defense and stymied passing offenses. Anything that gives an edge to defensive play helps us.

But all this great 10-0 won't mean much if we don't keep it up in January. And my "fear" is that our conservative offense could cost us one very meaningful game. I know we can comeback being down maybe two Tds. But if we are ever in the unfortunate circumstance to be down 17, or 21... say going into halftime... do we have the firepower to comeback if we have to get into this contest?

Lucky for us, there aren't many teams capable of doing that. This is the year for Fisherball it appears, and I don't think you change what's working. I just hope we can ride it out, and never get in the situation where we HAVE to throw up 28-35 points to win a game.

4. BudAdams

BudAdams SayHelloToMyLittleFriends

your agenda here is obvious Gloat ...you would rather see us lose in the playoffs so you can immediately post the "i told you so" thread, instead of see us actually win the Superbowl...:suspect:

• High Five High Five x 3
  5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

ha, yeah. That's exactly it. I just wanted to change the pace here. Make things interesting. Try looking from a different angle. I forget most of us are complete bias homers though that can't take any sort of criticism without getting upset about it.

6. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

I would rather be labeled a 'homer' then be an antagonist who repeatedly shows a lack of knowledge of the fundamentals of the game. So much so he does not even understand the coaching stile the team has had for the last 10 seasons.

Why come on the board if you find nothing redeeming about a 10-0 team? I am sure if we win the Super Bowl you will be applauding how good the other team was and how we got lucky and it was through no effort of the players.

At times I seriously wonder if you are a Texans fan. Not even they are so jaded on the Titans that they would spew the garbage that you have in this thread.

7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

hahahahahahahhahahhahahahhahahhaa

Wait. Wait! I show my lack of knowledge about fundamentals of the game - but you understand this team's coaching style??? I mean...you believe it's logical? And I show my lack...wow...

you're right. It makes perfectly good sense to run an offense that mediocre defenses are holding in check and continue to adapt more and more to each week. Darn, wish I understood fundamentals of moving the football.

8. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

Do you recall the snow bowl with the Pats and Cots a couple seasons back? The year that the Colts had one of the most high powered offenses in the league and no one could stop them? Well until they went into NE and the Pats had the ball 3:1 TOP and got completely owned. TOP mean a great deal in the NFL. This is not college. Sustained drives and keeping your D fresh and ready for when you need them wins games. That is what our offense has done year in and year out. Pounding run game with minimal mistakes on offense wins championships. That was our bread and butter in '99. As someone else mentioned this is not madden and it works well in madden too BTW.

Yes being 9th in points scores is being 'held in check'.

Oh and scoring more points then the previous week for three weeks in a row is a great example of how teams have just 'continued to adapt :rolleyes:

Seriously does this stuff embarrass you when you re-read it?

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Historicaly a great defense beats a great offense in big games almost every time!

The 2002 raiders were a first rate offensive football team. They ran up the score on our good but not great defense. Against the leagues best defense they looked like different players.

I remember an 85 game between the bears and niners when that bears defense held joe montana and jerry rice to just 3 offensive points.

We all know what our 99 defense did to manning-harrison-james and a very potent colts defense.

The examples of the colts vs the pats in the post season is a prime.

With a great defense it matters not where the game is played. Great defense is the ultimate home field advantage. Remember the steelers in 05 winning on the road against the bengals colts and broncos? All three teams were in the top 5 in the NFL in scoring offense. They stopped them anyway.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Baltimore beat Denver away, Tennessee away and can't remember who they beat in the Championship game, and a potent Giants offense with a great defense.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar