GM Arm Chair - Your ideal offseason

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titans1839, Feb 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titans1839

titans1839 Starter

Give us your best/ideal offseason. Pick 4 FA and predict the first 3 rounds of the draft. Give details on your FA contracts and how the draft plays out. But, be reasonable in your signings and picks. We are not going to sign the top 4 players in FA. Your JR, what do you do...

FA signings:
    Eric Berry, S - 5 years 65 million w/ 35 guarantee
    Logan Ryan, CB - 4 years 26 million w/ 12 guarantee
    Cordarrelle Patterson - 3 years 12 million w/ 4 guarantee
    Jarvis Jones, OLB - 2 years 4 million w/ 1.5 guarantee

- Eric Berry and Logan Ryan help set up a great secondary to help this team over the top. We have money so we are able to splurge a bit to make sure we land both.
    - Patterson fixes our return game and also a speed playmaker for offense ala Tyrek Hill. No more than a #4/5 WR when running routes, but we can incorporate his speed in our offense that does lack it.
    - Jones would be a good depth OLB as #4/5 with Wallace. Was a first round pick when LeBeau was with Pitt. He was a bust there, but maybe LeBeau can help get him back on track. They saw something in him and he has played decent this year when given the chance. He is more of a speed guy which compliments our more power guys in Morgan and Orakpo.

Draft:
    -Trade #5 to Cle for #12 and #33
    #12- Marshone Lattimore, CB
    #18- OJ Howard, TE
    #33- Zach Cunningham, ILB
    #69- Zay Jones/ Smith-Schuster/Isaiah Ford/Chad Hansen, WR
    #82- Elijah Qualls, DT

-Gives us our #2 corner with a solid overall list of CB (Ryan, Lattimore, McCourty, Sims, Reed and McCain)
    -A great 1-2 punch at TE with Walker and his eventual replacement in Howard. JR coming from NE saw how great two TE can be with Gronk and Hernandez if you don't have great WR. Howard is a phenomenal blocker as well.
    - Cunningham is our freakish athlete ILB to go with Williamson who will make 100+ tackles yearly.
    -Any of those WR will be fine with me. I did list them in order of my preference.
    - Can never have enough DL help. Not completely sold on a few of those guys
    - Remaining needs after the first 3 rounds would be depth at OL and maybe a skat back.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

Deshaun watson

• LOL LOL x 2
  3. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

Anybody the Pats aren't re-signing.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. sirjesse

sirjesse Starter

Just two awesome starters from two first round picks.

5. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

Isn't it arm chair gm

• LOL LOL x 1
  6. TitansAC4

TitansAC4 Starter

Not going to try the whole salary thing, but:
    FA: WR/KR Cordarrelle Patterson
    OG: Kevin Zeitler
    CB: Logan Ryan
    LB: Pass rushing OLB.

Draft: 1st: CB Marshon Lattimore (trade back)
    1st: TE OJ Howard
    2nd: DE Malik McDowell/S Obi
    3rd: WR JuJu/Malachi Dupre/Zay Jones
    4th: CB Corn Elder/ S Marcus Maye

Still probably need to find a ILB in there somewhere, but that seems like a good start. Zeitler isn't a need, but our OGs weren't great so he would make the OL even better.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

If you really want to see your dreams put to the test, this cap calculator is nice toy to play with
    http://overthecap.com/calculator/tennessee-titans/

8. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I hate these. Eric Berry isn't coming here. People are acting like this Browns trade is a sure thing. I think they'd rather have 3 of the top 33. They are all moneyball now.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. TitansfaninKY

TitansfaninKY Starter

No way we should go after Cordarrelle Patterson. Dude is a waste and a cancer. Me first player and causes drama. I live in Minneapolis and have to watch them play every week. It's why he hasn't broken out yet. Not a JR type guy

10. TitansAC4

TitansAC4 Starter

He's a great KR, thats why people want him here. never heard he is me first or a cancer, just a bad route runner. Not saying you are wrong, no one wants him to be a big part of the offense.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar