GM Arm Chair - Your ideal offseason

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titans1839, Feb 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

I LOVE Hayden! I would have put him in my post but I'm not sure the Raiders let him walk.

2. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

Me too and you're right, they probably won't

3. Tricky

Tricky Starter

Restructure: McCourty & Searcy
    Re-Sign: Spence, Klug, Bell, Stafford
    Free Agents:
    QB Mallett, RB JRodgers, WR Garcon, G Zeitler
    DL Hankins, LB Te'o, CB Ryan, S Church

Draft:
    1. DL Allen 1. CB Lattimore
    3. WR Kupp 3. OLB Kpassagnon
    4. TE Sprinkle 5. C Toth 7. LB Boulware

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. satkins2252

satkins2252 Starter

Maybe so but I doubt he hates Ben Frank. Also, I may be wrong but I believe it was the other coach and GM that let him walk ...

5. satkins2252

satkins2252 Starter

I don't mean to criticize but that is weak reasoning. I'm near certain there are many successful "not real fast" and "not real big" db's. Again, I think his speed will suprise and hes not that small. Maybe slightly shorter than ideal. Fortunately I believe the new prospect evaluation covets production over potential unlike in the past.

6. TitansAC4

TitansAC4 Starter

Think about it this way, how many DBs that are drafted 1st round don't have elite speed or size? Not many have neither. He isn't a first rounder.

7. ICBW

ICBW MILF Hunter

The Browns are not taking another QB in the top 5, Hue Jackson is not stupid. Expect the Browns to go full defense & OL for a while and trade for a proven QB.

8. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Free agents: AJ Bouye, Logan Ryan, Manti Te'o, & Ronald Leary.

Draft:
    **Trade back 5 to 12 or 13 (CLE or AZ trade up for Watson) + their 2nd & a 2018 pick. **

1: Mike Williams, WR
    1: OJ Howard, TE
    2: John Ross, WR (may have to trade up)
    3: Obi Melifonwu, SS
    3: Devonte Fields, OLB
    4: Vincent Taylor, NT

Add two corners in free agency, but they're just 25 & 26. Throw them in with McCourty, Sims, & Reed and our corner depth finally doesn't look terrible. Te'o wouldn't be that expensive and could potentially start at ILB. Leary sures up the OL. Add 3 young playmakers in the draft. Matthews, Williams, Ross, & Sharpe w Walker/Howard at TE will terrify any DC.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

I agree, can't see Browns drafting a QB either. They will try to get Jimmy G if not McCarron who has experience with Hue Jackson's offense.
    They go Garrett at 1 and WR or TE at 12 if they land Jimmy or AJ

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Tricky

Tricky Starter

I love the idea of filling our defensive holes in FA and getting playmakers/BPA early in the draft. Getting any 2 of Davis/Williams/Howard/Ross/Njoku would make our offense terrifying to defenses.

I have a feeling that Jon may not want to spend $8M+ on three different guys, and I've seen that Bouye, Ryan, and Leary should all get that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar