GM for a day (draft day)

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Bayou Titan, Dec 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maximus

maximus Starter

I dont doubt Rivers has talent, but I am biased toward QBs that are dual threat. My top QBs from this draft are Jay Cutler and Vince Young.

2. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Yeah, but you can look at a lot of good teams and see that they don't have any big time playmakers.

More firepower would certainly help, but I guess it depends on how you want to build a roster. We were a better team (and a team that seems to suit Fisher better) with a strong D and at least average O.

We had more balance in 03, and I'd like a team like that again. But I think our D needs more help to move on up than the O. I'm still hoping Chow and the O get more together next year. Maybe that's a foolish hope, but I have less hope for this D getting much better with the S's and LB's we have.

If we have no shot at Bush, what playmakers can we choose from? DeAngelo Williams is one, but is he that much better than what we have to warrant taking a high pick and using it on him?

3. Bobo

Bobo Guest

The top QB is the tricky part. I have the hope that Steve will settle into this O and elevate his play. I not convinced he's done yet. If he can do that, he and Brady are on the same level imo. I can understand if we pick Leinart though, not so sure about the other QB's out there for our 1st pick.

I don't think their o-line was anything but average. But if we're talking about our 1st pick, it'd only be on a LT and I think their going to give that chance to Roos. I think our pass protection has been decent, but I agree the run blocking has been below average. I think both the RB's have shown enough to know they are good.

The play calling, QB decision, or both are questionable at times for sure. But again, I'm hoping that can improve....and I think that's more of a possability than our D getting better.

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Those would be the teams with stiffling defenses and/or outstanding ground games. I'd take that as a better option but it looks like the Titans are more than one or two players from making either of those two things a reality.

I don't know if it necessarily has to be the first pick. Maybe it is something which can be addressed in free agency. I just see a team who doesn't have much of a shot when they go down by 14 points or more. They don't appear to have anyone on the roster who can stretch a defense or even make a defense scheme to stop him.

The Titans are a team with many holes.

5. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I agree they are more than 1 player away from a top D. Just like on O, we'll have to have some hope that the young guys show up improved players next season. I would include our young CB's and DE's on that list. I don't hold as much hope for both our S's and Sirmon and Kassell. If we get a few of these young guys to show improvement as they mature, and we get a guy (or maybe 2, like Hawk in the 1st and a good S in the 2nd) that can instantly improve the D, well maybe we get a lot closer to the good ole Titans D by next season.

Too true, many holes. It's not gonna be easy this offseason to decide who stays, who goes, and who do we go after. I'm sure they'll try to get help on both sides of the ball.

6. johnnybow

johnnybow Guest

You cannot lose if the other team cannnot score. I'd go for the best available on def, then work some more on the OL and DL.

7. paraconspiracy

paraconspiracy long time browser no more

first post here...

but i read this stuff to friggin much and feel its about time i started some input.

do all this on draft day and scare the bejeesus out of the rest of the nfl

trade back the first for a mid first and second-- takes care of the henry screw up there... but keep powder anyhow... well need him next year
    with the new first pick up rivers in a trade. no one else would give a low midder in this draft like we would for him.
    with the second take cutler (either the next farve or the next well... nobody)if hes still around. got our next two QB's
    trade volek for a third
    with the other 2nd start picking up those later ILB studs... somone who likes to hit more than talk... abdul hodge sounds like a stud with little weakness.
    If not him how bout gregg blue
    maybe bothe if we could pull it off.
    4th rd... dwayne slay- safety... makes grown men cry when he hits them... seen it.
    5th 6th 7th...O linemen Olinemen Oline men.
    or best available athlete

larcharles binkley will want the serious cash for c o-line but we shoould pay up.
    KVB's pro bowl snub should lower his asking price a bit but i think he's a bit loyal
    pick up reggie wayne... sompne of that group would eventually emerge as a pretty good number 1

fire schwartz--- hell trade him if its a possibility

drop hoppy...
    drop lamont...
    bet we could get a fourth or fifth for lamont and a six for the hopster
    another olb
    and onother lineman

heck if we could trade 3 o-linemen for texas first rounder (like someone said in another post)that'd be a godsend but it'd never happen with the guys we got back there.
    but i bet theyd take 2 for a 4th and fifth...
    then were really talking
    another CB with that 4th...
    and with the fifth...who else but another olineman

would also love to see archuletta here

thats six new o linemen... someone will be pretty good with the way we "normally" work with these guys.

then next year... running back... wr... corner back.... pacman wants out... we all know it... we know we like to watch him play but the child is a dumba$$

thats my off seas ideas ... doubt but maybe one of them would come true but i garuntee you in two years we would be in the playoffs... hire me bud

"there are things uknown and there are things known... in between are the doors" jim morrison

8. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

DISCLAIMER: MAJOR FLAME below - read on if you want, but beware: you've been warned

I can tell you right now, if Floyd listened to you - we'd be screwed. Trade for Phillips and draft Cutler? You kidding me?! That's the most assenine thing I've ever read on here. This isn't your local weekend Fantasy League pal. Sure it's nice to dream a little, but lets post logically here. You want to spend both of our day 1 picks on QB's?!?! Look we got a QB who can get the job done the next two or three years, a guy whose always gotten it done: Steve McNair. Yeah he hasn't looked sharp this year or last, but he atleast deserves another year to prove what he's got and he'll get it too.

From the most part, yeah the Henry deal looked like a total screw up. But he did however show some flashes of what he brings to the table recently and if the OLine could runblock worth a damn, we probably could see more of it. Henry deserves more of a look, I'm not ready to scrap a third that easily. You want LeCharles Bentley? Cool, go get him on your Fantasy League. I watched that guy play a few times and when I watched the Falcons game two Monday nights ago, that was enough. The guy looked awful and definitely not worth the preety penny he's gonna demand.

I agree with bits and pieces of your post. Drop LT, Hoppy...sure, but theres more that need to go. How about Kassell, Sirmon, Olson, Piller, Hartwig, Tank? I think they've underperformed to the point of getting the axe, especially Hoppy, Olson and Sirmon; guys we could save good money off of by cutting them. What's this I read about Pacman wanting out? WTF? This kid just began his pro career, why the hell would he want out? Whose gonna take him? The mother ****ing Ratturds? Come on, man, he's one of the bright spots on this team talent wise. Yeah he causes a ruckus, but that will go away in due time. Look, if Reynaldo Hill was doing the **** he does off field we wouldn't hear about it. Why? He's a seventh round pick that's why, not a 6th overall pick. All eyes are on Pac, until he comes to terms with it - he'll be this way. He doesn't get this aint College anymore, it's the real world.

If you were GM the media would use this quote to describe you. Alot remains unknown to you, while you know very little. "The Door isn't in between ****, it's right in front of you - see your way out" is what Bud and every true Tennessee Titan fan would say after your short tenure at GM.

9. paraconspiracy

hey!! about time the drunks came out!
    if you had read it properly... there would still be a high second left... basically the first would be spent on rivers....still that second there from the trade i mentioned earlier.
    mcnair is spent dude... matter of opinion... maybe... but the guy isnt smart enough to learn a new offense that fast... proved it the first 5 years it took him here and he has only thrown to tight ends this year when ive personally seen .... IN MY FRO NT ROW SEATS.... every reciever we have being open... happened at least 4 times last game and it was his best game of the past two years.
    i would still keep henry... didnt say lose him... just said a third was too much for what he was worth at the time
    also mentioned about 6 new oine coming in.... thats before we let the obvious ones go... the tanks... the olsen and sirmons... just a pre to draft day mock buddy...
    not the whole friggin off season.
    now calm down...take your valium and realx douche''''er...i mean deutch

10. paraconspiracy

besides D it was a lightheartedpost... read it sober

oh and lacharles bently doesnt look good in atlanta b/c vick is the Qb there... get a normal aka...GOOD... quarterback without happy feet and he's as good as they come

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar