GM Mike Reinfeldt: Javon Ringer needed on Special Teams.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by jessestylex, May 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

What can we say about a poster who thinks Ringer would start for the Texans? Hello Foster was one of the best backs in the league!!!!!:sad2::sad2::sad2:

2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

:ha: Great point.

3. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Feel sorry for them I guess...

I like Ringer but he isn't going to start for the Bears either over Forte. There are a few teams he might get a few more carries since only a few teams have a guy like CJ.

I do think many teams could do alot worse than having Ringer as their starter but right now he isn't proven. He is a nice guy to have as your #2 guy.

4. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

and thats why shes your ex lol :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

5. wg53

wg53 Starter

I don't think he is one of the best backs in the league. I think his success is due in part to the texans passing game. Schaub had close to 5000 yards a year or two ago and has one of if not the best WR in the game on their team in Johnson.

I'm not saying Foster sucks as he serves his role well especially in the passing game, but I wouldn't say he is one of the best backs. He just landed in a great situation where he isn't the focal point of the offense. Where was he when the Texans needed wins for their playoff push? Sure he got some yardage, He got like 16 yards against us in our 2nd game last year and we weren't that great at run D last year. He got a lot of carries in garbage time last year. Sure you can't attribute losses on him considering the had one of the worst secondaries in NFL history last year.

If he can put up similar stats this year and next then I'll agree he is one of the best in the league.

6. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Steve Slaton also have Shaub and Andre, but he fell off the map. Foster is a great RB like it or not. he wont do as good next year cause teams will adjust, but he is still going to be in the top 6 imo.

7. wg53

wg53 Starter

Slaton was also a lot smaller than Arian and had injury issues. Slaton had a pretty good rookie year but has failed to stay healthy. Last year was Arian's first as a starter in the pros. I think the guy has to show some consistency before you label him one of the best in the league.

8. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Did she say that right before she broke up with you?

9. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

no, it was 2 weeks later...why? but that was a long time ago, im married now and the wife says size doesnt matter. so, i dont know whos right..lol

10. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Either way the point was Ringer could start for the Texans which is ridiculous. If you watch Foster play what you see is a very high quality back with vision who makes people miss, has the size and power to break arm tackles and the thing that was really a surprise was his big play ability. He had 12 runs over 20 yards (4th in the league in that category) and 3 for over 40. The guy ran for over 1600 yards (led the league in rushing) with close to a 5 yard average. Then for added measure he caught 66 balls for over 600 yards. Of course he has to prove more than one year's production but I don't think the Texans are looking to upgrade the RB spot anytime soon. The guy is a stud.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar