GM Ruston Webster And The Future......

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, Dec 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

:pigeon:

Yeah. And I would take Earl Campbell over any RB we have had the last few years. Kevin Carter over any of the DEs. Al Smith over any of the MLBs we have had lately.

2. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Walker has actually been a pretty darn good signing. Is production is solid with 57 catches and 540 yards. He was way cheaper than it would have been to keep Cook and Walker only has 100 fewer receiving yards this year in one less game. He is obviously a much better blocker.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

which is pretty real solid for a TE vs a playmaker WR

:sarcasm:

4. Upright7

Upright7 Special Teams Standout

Walker > Cook, but I don't think he has scratched the surface on what he can do here. Next year I see him really having a great year if we don't blow this whole thing up.

5. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Who has more TDs on the team than Walker? (He has 6)

Wycheck only had 6 TD's in one season, and was McNairs primary target for years. How many yards did Wycheck average per year? I would tell you but you clearly need to go look some stuff up. (No, I am not saying Walker is Wycheck) youre just mindlessly complaining.

Define "making a difference"

6. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

razordaman
    Alzarius

Its really tough to compare the league now to what it was when Air played.

For example, if Steve started his career recently, he'd be as deadly as they come. Defenders wouldn't be able to 'tee off' on him as before. His peak didn't last too long because he kept getting hit and injuries just took a serious tole on him. The warrior played through so much, but imagine he didn't have to. Makes you wonder what could have been... Instead of Frank's 6TDs, today that would be 12..

Passing yards and TD numbers today are bogus compared to back in the day. After Manning broke the single season TD mark, they brought up a chart showing the top 5. Its a joke, 4/5 were recent with Manning x 2, Brady and Brees, then Marino back way when...

When I get older, Sr. analysts (who would be about my age) will talk of a time when throwing 30 TDs was excellent and 40 down right amazing... vs what will probably become by then 30 being bad, 40 being average, and only 50+ being elite...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar