GM Webster Ready To Get Titans Back On Top

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, Mar 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

This off-season has been unique with Webster at the helm. But I'm not ready to crown him the King yet. Let's see where this thing goes, and especially how we manage the upcoming draft.

He was working as GM last year when we had such an awful off-season for whatever reason. Reinfeldt was/is definitely a boob and is deservedly gone. So far, Webster appears to have a winning mentality but I want to see some wins. It appears he is doing his part. The rest will be up to Munchak.

2. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

That's what she said.

3. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

Thank god he did or we would have ended up being handcuffed for life by Mario Williams' contract or wouldn't have gotten the FA's that we did this offseason.

4. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

The reason going after Manning was stupid is that anyone with a brain knew he wanted to go to a team that was only a QB away and would also break the bank for him. In that regard we didn't stand a chance against Denver or San Fran.We had the money, but our team wasn't enough for him to consider us a contender. It was a valiant effort but a pipe dream all along. We also arrived late to the party.Perhaps our only x-factor was the fact that he was a UT grad. As sad as it is to say It looks like he made the right decision for his career.

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Peyton talked to Chris Palmer and ran for the hills (literally).

6. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I don't think anyone will be able to convince me it was a bad decision to go after Manning.

I am taking into account converting a large portion of the East TN fanbase and the additional revenue that could bring to the Titans for the long term.

I'm not trying in any way to say it was a guaranteed Superbowl appearance or win. But the team would be better right now with Manning than with anything else that has happened. I also think he can be a successful GM/team president IF that is where his interest goes after his playing career.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I'll also add to be honest that there are reasons I'm glad it did not work out. He was a huge rival, probably the biggest, in Titans history. Even if our rivalry is more friendly than some other division rivalries.

And even being a Vols fan, I'm glad the Titans have their own identity. Because if Peyton had signed that stadium would've been orange.

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

it is never a bad idea to check out the best possible option, but he was just the wrong option for us

9. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

I totally agree with everything you said. Had we landed him the impact on the franchise would have been immeasurable. The problem is that it all hinges on how good you think your chances to land him are and the ramifications of failure to land him. Bud thought we had a shot, I honestly think he was just hoping to make an offer Manning couldn't refuse. Webster and co. had a much more realistic understanding of the situation and didn't plan on even bothering to fight a losing battle and miss out on guys they had targeted. I know hind-sight is 20-20 but I never really believed we had a shot. Would have been sweet to land him though. Jake would have either become attractive trade bait or a damn good QB 2 years from now.

10. titanflamer

titanflamer Starter

Webster seems to be doing a god job, lets see if these guys play good together. Looks good on paper for sure.

Before he claims superiority over Reinfedlt, Webster does need to remember that Buds money had an influence on who he could sign.

That being said, I still think Webster will do a better job. Time will tell.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar