Go Titans Draft Party?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by TitansWrath, Apr 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

I'm in the same boat... Statics final at 8 a.m. Friday morning. :sad2:

2. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

For you youngins with the finals tommorrow and Friday...I can sympathize with you.

3. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I miss when I could sit around and drink for 48 hours while watching the draft on a Saturday/Sunday marathon.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Right? We used to get wings, pizza and all kinds of junk and just sit on the couch for 16 hours on day one. Then we'd eat the leftovers on day two. Then I'd hate myself on Monday...

I hate a lot of the things Goodell has done as commissioner, but screwing with the draft time slot to get higher tv ratings is without a doubt my biggest grievance.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

As a business plan it has probably been a good move for the NFL.

But yes I hate it. I used to do bad things for many hours and cuss at the screen and I miss it. I liked the marathon aspect, made those GMs do some work!

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I actually know more people now who don't watch the draft. I will not catch the first half today. I will watch the second but probably not any after.

7. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I miss the old way, but it was a smart move by the NFL.

They get a PRIMETIME spot on TV for 1 round. The GMs/FO then get an entire night to replan for the rest of the draft base on their first pick and players available. They also get an entire day to workout trades for the 2nd round. GMs def get more time to think about the picks, make trades, etc.

Sucks that you have to wait 3 days for it all to be finished, but o well.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I don't blame people for not watching or thinking it's boring. The draft is nothing you can't just look at ESPN the next morning and see what happened.

I f4cking love it though.

9. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I consider it a manly version of the bachelor

• High Five High Five x 4
  10. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

I live in Franklin...would be cool if there was a gathering on one of the good sports bars that serve more than just BMC...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar