GOATitans Dynasty Year 7: Discussion - DRAFT IS LIVE!!!

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by Clark, May 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Yup. Your spot was previously account for you. You're in.

2. Clark

There are two prospects with a single spot. I can flip a coin or we can vote one off the island. Lemme know guys

3. Gridiron Gun

Gridiron Gun Starter

How's the decision making process going?

4. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I'm out on this as well. I'm already committed in 3 leagues. 4 just takes all the fun out of it, eliminates my ability to pay enough attention to the opponents.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Good man. I hate when ppl overdo it on FF and end up losing interest

• Pigeon Bomb Pigeon Bomb x 1
  6. Clark

Gridiron made the cut. I flipped a coin.

Moving on. IDP, unless there is a surge of votes for it we are going forward WITHOUT it. We will do team defense instead. Means defense could make or break a team.

Roster spots & starting numbers -

1 qb
    2 rb
    3 wr
    1 Te
    1 flex - (rb/wr/te)
    1 defense

Basic setup. Extra wr, deep draft.

I'm thinking the roster needs to start at 20? 30? We can add a single roster spot each year. We need to have it big enough to hold on to prospects but not too large so Roster decisions are still important.

I'd like input in roster size.

Also, I think it might be easier if we do a slow draft and then input the rosters into yahoo or whatever site we plan on using. I've found more manageable sites for dynasty but most the member here are in other yahoo leagues and don't want to use multiples. My preference is FleaFlicker.com, by far the easiest set up plus slow draft options pre set. I'd like everyone to at the very least be open to looking at the site. We can always use their site for drafting if nothing else.

Slow draft with 8-12 hour pick windows. By all means I hope it would be a tad bit faster but I understand the complexity of people with lives, professions and so forth.

If there isn't a huge issue with a small buy in... Let's say $20-25... Winner takes the pot, second place gets their buy in back. Simple, rewarding. $275 for the winner sounds pretty decent to me. We can set up that situation via pay pal like the money league last year. Money up front.

Any major issues or input needs to be brought up and taken care of quickly.

7. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Last year, we had a large roster size, and to be honest, it ****ing sucks.

Lets everybody hoard and completely eliminates the waiver wire. Smaller the roster size the better. I forgot what size we used last year.

8. Gridiron Gun

Gridiron Gun Starter

I agree, the roster getting too big would make it less fun. 20 roster spots would give you plenty of backups but we could make it a little larger for some "prospects." Also could add in a couple of IR spots so we don't feel like we have to dump good players who get hurt for the season.

And I'm fine with the cash buy-in. Thanks for letting me join.

9. Clark

The only difference here is the idea that you might need to hoard a bit. Grabbing Johnny unknown and stashing him Til he becomes a starter is part of the point of a dynasty.

Obviously is you're only starting 9, you need at least a few spots for people that can still play that year for bye weeks plus at least a handful of "prospects." I'm thinking 5-7 of those types? Honesty I'm
    Not sure what the basic package of a 9 starting roster normally is. 15 or 16?

And of course IR spots help too.

One other thing to keep in mind is that while you're able to keep majority from each year, that minimizes your rookie/free agent draft the following year.

We might be best to control the population by allowing the drop/draft feature to be based on how many spots you have open.

Let's say we start with 20. You keep 16, your next years roster is 21, you are allotted 5 picks in the rookie/FA draft pool.

That can be a big enough swing for a team that is really bad to gain some substantial talent. So basically everyone gets at least 1 pick each year and subsequent picks via who they let go. This is negotiable and we need others input.

10. Gridiron Gun

Gridiron Gun Starter

Are we going to allow pick trading after year one? I've never been a big trader (maybe one or two a season) but I know the question will come up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar