GOATitans Dynasty Year 7: Discussion - DRAFT IS LIVE!!!

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by Clark, May 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I've never done a dynasty, and what you say makes sense. I'll take your word for it though.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. TBaker34

TBaker34 Starter

This. Never done one so I am down with anything. I have done keeper leagues but never dynasty

3. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

Ive only done one year leagues so this is all new to me

4. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Well there are multiple ways to do it. If you have any ideas that you think will work, feel free to come forward with them. I wouldn't mind forcing the draft be based on free agent moves. I don't want to get into contract crap, that's too involved even for me.

If we last 5 years.. And start at 20, we could get to thirty roster spots by year 5. 2 draft picks per year plus FA picks. (Yes this is long term. I'm not leaving this forum for a long time, I hope the people that are signed up understand this is a long term investment.)

I think it's a solid draft format, but depends on what every one else wants to do. Like I said, it's completely up to how we want to approach it.

5. Clark

Basically imagine a keeper league with the idea that you can keep every player your initially drafted. Give 1-2 draft picks per year for rookies... And allow for draft picks to fill drop before the season... You can find gems, hold on to them, or drop and grab the next best thing in FA.

It doesn't really require a lot of college football watching. Maybe some Espn or twitter news based on trades of players and news. As well as just taking chances on players that seem to fit with a teams style. Get them low, sell them high. Build a strong team. Keep said strong Team as long as possible.

Sometimes you have to take into account how long a player has left in the league compared to their talent level. Peyton manning? Might be the best QB next season. But does he retire? Do you over draft him? Do you go strictly long term or do you go all high end top talents that might be gone in two years?

6. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

When will we do the draft? If it's an 8-12 hour window per pick (and there's A LOT of picks), we should probably start soon.

7. Clark

Exactly. But people have been pretty light in showing up to the thread. Imma send out a message to everyone. Let's get everything decided this week and start by next Sunday.

8. Clark

What's your opinion on roster size?

9. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I'm fine with whatever.

10. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I have a feeling poor Enso is getting nothing but 'I'm cool with whatever's

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar