Gone Baby Gone

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by Deuce Wayne, Feb 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Somehow went under the radar this year. Much better than a lot of movies that have received major hype, IMO.

http://beta.rottentomatoes.com/m/gone_baby_gone/

93% on rottentomatoes, but yet I haven't heard much about it. Enjoyed it though. Affleck may need to stick with directing.

2. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Wow. Remember last week when you were saying how rotten tomatoes was a terrible basis for judging movies?

This is why I bicker with you so much. No consistency, no real point, just throwing things out there without logic or real opinion.

3. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

It had a delayed & messed up release because it was due out just as the Madeline McCann abduction story broke. Afleck asked the studio to put it on ice out of respect for the McCanns situation. By the time it came out the cast weren't available to promote it.

What did you think at the end,without giving anything away,did he make the right decision?

I would have gone the other way without question. I've seen too many alcoholics & junkies to see it any other way.

4. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

One of the best movies made in a long while.

I agree with you Childress, I would have gone the other way as well. It's obvious where the real happiness would have been.

5. Deuce Wayne

I would have went the other way as well.

and lol @ BigTitan. Dude, I'm using RT to show people liked a movie that some may not have ever heard of. I am not however trying to prove it's a good movie (as you were) with RT ratings.
    Nice try though. Following logic within an argument might help you, and might help me in the process.

6. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

I liked the movie. I would have went the other way to.

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

this is bigtitan's first post on this thread, but thanks for thinking about me....

8. Deuce Wayne

Mai bad. Just saw Upper, lower, upper-Titan in the name.

9. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

You've done that a couple of times in the last few weeks.

You were citing to RT to support a movie you liked, while criticizing it the week before. It's very inconsistent.

10. Deuce Wayne

Once again. I'm not citing RT to say the movie is good. I'm citing RT as a support for MY opinion. This isn't rocket science. YOU however were saying "well, RT says it's good, so it is!".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar