Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Gonna be a long year for the defense

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by rodgev, Apr 27, 2013.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 4 users.
  1. rodgev Starter

Brown
    Moolah:
    $1,059
    Because CJ will see alot of holes this year so there will be a lot of 1 and 2 play td drives! Upgraded line and threats at receiver means alot of room for CJ2K
    Titan43, CJtheBeast and MrBean high five this.
  2. Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $5,130
  3. Titanup1982 Pro Bowler

Washington
    Moolah:
    $23,699
    I was totally expecting a negative thread right here.
    TBaker34, Ryno, GOFIGURETITANS and 1 other person high five this.
  4. Titansman1 Time To Start Crushing!

GoTitans.com
    Moolah:
    $2,804
    If we're going to be able to score that easy then who needs a defense? But seriously, being able to pound the rock and sustain drives will be good for the defense.

If we score real quick and build up a sizable lead, put in Greene, move the chains methodically, throw when we want or need to and eat up the clock to keep the defense (and CJ) fresh. I can only hope that one of our problems this year is that we score "too easily"...that's one problem I'd love to have but I don't think we're going to be that explosive that quickly. But one can dream and hope!
    CJtheBeast high fives this.
  5. Ensconatus Namaste

Brown
    Moolah:
    $24,648
    Lol I entirely expected to come into a block of text raining fail upon our draft. Lol this was an exquisite surprise doe... Hahahaha
    Titan43 and Ryno high five this.
  6. corymiller New Era Connoisseur

Moolah:
    $5,894
    By increasing the offense TOP, it will help te defense tremendously. I don't expect A lot of 1-2 Play droves culminating in TDs. I expect alot of 10-12 play drives culminating in TDs
    Jwill1919 high fives this.
  7. Danimal Starter

Wycheck
    Moolah:
    $1,032
    We may not have had room on draft card for a premier end or lineman but make not mistake that we have gotten better on defense by a ton. It is a passing league and we drafted three fast defensive backs and a speedy line backer who has good coverage skills. Factor that into the increased creativity Greg Williams will add to our schemes and I believe you will see alot more sacks and turn overs this year.

There are still a few good ends left in free agency if we choose to go that way as well.
  8. Keeferdog Starter

Moolah:
    $335
    Did anyone notice that Ozzie's Ravens chose Matt Elam, Arthur Brown, and Brandon Williams in the first three rounds? The man is a genius! Just restock the defense because we all know what wins championships. I can't wait until he's gone.

I believe in our front office but it's a little hard to understand how we didn't go defense early. Is Williams, Pollard, Hill and a better offense be enough?
  9. Young54 The KID

McNair
    Moolah:
    $517
    Gonna be long year for the defense...

aaahhhhh!!! I see what you did there! Not what I expected. I like it :thumbsup:
  10. Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $5,130
    Could you guys imagine if we had Manning too?

or even Weeden.