Gonna be a long year for the defense

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by rodgev, Apr 27, 2013.

1. rodgev

rodgev Starter

Because CJ will see alot of holes this year so there will be a lot of 1 and 2 play td drives! Upgraded line and threats at receiver means alot of room for CJ2K
    • High Five High Five x 3
  2. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

:coltssuck:

:jagsbite:

:texansbs:

:pluck:
    • High Five High Five x 2
  3. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 Pro Bowler

I was totally expecting a negative thread right here.
    • High Five High Five x 4
  4. Titansman1

Titansman1 Time To Start Crushing!

If we're going to be able to score that easy then who needs a defense? But seriously, being able to pound the rock and sustain drives will be good for the defense.

If we score real quick and build up a sizable lead, put in Greene, move the chains methodically, throw when we want or need to and eat up the clock to keep the defense (and CJ) fresh. I can only hope that one of our problems this year is that we score "too easily"...that's one problem I'd love to have but I don't think we're going to be that explosive that quickly. But one can dream and hope!
    • High Five High Five x 1
  5. Ensconatus

Ensconatus Losing faith...

Lol I entirely expected to come into a block of text raining fail upon our draft. Lol this was an exquisite surprise doe... Hahahaha
    • High Five High Five x 2
  6. corymiller

corymiller New Era Connoisseur

By increasing the offense TOP, it will help te defense tremendously. I don't expect A lot of 1-2 Play droves culminating in TDs. I expect alot of 10-12 play drives culminating in TDs
    • High Five High Five x 1
  7. Danimal

Danimal Starter

We may not have had room on draft card for a premier end or lineman but make not mistake that we have gotten better on defense by a ton. It is a passing league and we drafted three fast defensive backs and a speedy line backer who has good coverage skills. Factor that into the increased creativity Greg Williams will add to our schemes and I believe you will see alot more sacks and turn overs this year.

There are still a few good ends left in free agency if we choose to go that way as well.
  8. Keeferdog

Keeferdog Starter

Did anyone notice that Ozzie's Ravens chose Matt Elam, Arthur Brown, and Brandon Williams in the first three rounds? The man is a genius! Just restock the defense because we all know what wins championships. I can't wait until he's gone.

I believe in our front office but it's a little hard to understand how we didn't go defense early. Is Williams, Pollard, Hill and a better offense be enough?
  9. Young54

Young54 The KID

Gonna be long year for the defense...

aaahhhhh!!! I see what you did there! Not what I expected. I like it :thumbsup:
  10. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

Could you guys imagine if we had Manning too?

or even Weeden.