Good luck to Javon Ringer and The Titans!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SpartanFan, May 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpartanFan

SpartanFan Camp Fodder

As a Michigan State alum and fan, I'd just like to say good luck to JR and The Titans. I've never gone to an NFL fan site when one of our players get drafted, but Javon is special. I am now a Tennessee Titans fan (we have the Detroit Lions where I live, so I've been looking for a team to adopt anyways).

You have a quality individual. He's just a good guy, flat out. You'll never see him get into trouble. This guy is the consummate team player and he puts the "u" in unselfish. He never stops working on his body and on his game....I think he slipped to the 5th round because of his knee and maybe his height. When healthy, he can run a legitimate 4.4, and he WILL get back to that level. As far as his size goes, he can bench 400 and can squat over 600, so I wouldn't worry about that (also a black belt in karate). He plays much, much bigger than he is. He always falls forward and he can drag a couple guys with him. He always gets those last couple of yards for you. Maybe the fact that he's 5'9" is actually an advantage, because he can sort of hide behind the line. He is smart and patient. He sees the field and waits for holes to open up. With your offensive line, he'll be like a like a little gazelle hiding behind a bunch of moose.

His average YPC last year wasn't great, but neither was the MSU playcalling or offensive line, in my opinion. Also, when you get as many carries as Javon got as a senior, it's hard to keep a high average. Everybody in the stadium knew he was getting the ball. Teams like Ohio State and Penn State would just load the box for him. He also was in a lot of short yardage situations. His YPC were as follows:

As a freshman: 6.7 YPC (817 yards on 122 carries)
    As a sophomore: 5.8 YPC (497 yards on 86 carries)
    As a junior: 5.9 YPC (1,447 yards on 245 carries)
    As a senior: 4.2 YPC (1,637 yards on 390 carries) - 22 touchdowns

Again, best of luck to The Titans and to Javon from this new Titans fan. I'll be watching.

• High Five High Five x 8
  2. ryangm2123

ryangm2123 Reynaldo Hill's #1 Fan

thanks for the insight, i am definitely liking this pick a lot more having read that

i guess its a good thing to have 3 quality backs if he turns out to be pretty good

3. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

If Ringer has game in the NFL he might supplant Lendale in situations this year and who knows if they even keep White after his contract is up..

4. tenforthewin

tenforthewin Camp Fodder

I've heard a lot of good things about his toughness and work ethic. If he works this hard and gets after it, he could very well replace Lendale after this season ( who's not exactly known for his work ethic). the only thing hat slightly worries me are the surgeries on both knees and being a little overused in college. The potential far outweighs the small negatives though.

5. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

We seem to get fans like this quite a bit in this fashion. Welcome aboard.

Well, their HC did come from us. So in a sense...

It IS an advantage, just look at Maurice Jones Drew. A lot of running plays you just see both lines pile up, then all of a sudden he shoots out of it, as if everyone lost track of him.

I'm looking forward to watching him. After all, he had the fortune of being drafted by one of the league's best running teams. I wonder if he's gunna be our Darren Sproles. Haha.

6. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

We had a fan, bluewaterpirate, touting a certain RB pick last year. It looks like that fan was right too. Hopefully it's a sign of good things to come...

7. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

I remember BWP. But I mostly remember him from the TOMB (which is now its own tomb...hahaha).

But yeah, some of the vids he showed us of CJ more or less sold me really quick on him.

8. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Where'd all those many Longhorn fans go that jumped in here after VY was drafted, and told us we had new fans and a player that "just wins"...

9. Abe Froman

Abe Froman Sausage King of Chicago

I actually hope he replaces LenDale.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

Those were apparently just VY fans. Because if they were true Longhorn fans, they'd still be here with enthusiasm for Hall, Griffin and Scaife.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar