Good read about what Josh McDaniels has learned since Denver

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TorontoTitanFan, Sep 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

2. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

McDaniels will definitely be hot in the offseason. We blew our chances at better securing him with the hiring of Mularkey. I totally think this team would succeed with him, but I'm still in believe that MM stays beyond this season, due to a 3-4 win improvement.

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I read the first portion of it but ran out of time. Very good so far.

He'll be a HC soon but I doubt it's here. Maybe Robinson had his hands tied on the Mularkey hire from the start but I find it strange that, if he felt McDaniels was the guy, wouldn't have found a way to get him in front of Strunk just to chat.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

He's gonna be in hot demand. Hopefully we can win a race to land him. How many teams are going to have openings?

JAX
    INDY
    BUF
    SD
    NWO

I feel like those 5 are very likely. Despite CLE, MIA, SF & CHI being 4 of the worst teams in the league, none of these will fire their coach.

5. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

INDY? uh.... pagano just got an extension in january. they suck but he's going nowhere

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  6. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

I don't believe we will get rid of MM after one year, unless we have a total collapse. Too soon to tell how our season is going to go. As others have posted, what about MM8? You think a HC is going to come here if it's mandated by AS that he is the franchise QB? He got that kind of clout in Denver, and it really didn't work out. So will a HC take on MM8 to get the job, even if he feels he needs a better QB? These are points to consider.

7. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

I think it has to be this.

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Mularkey only got a three-year deal on the cheap. AAS may have not been willing to dig deep because she's still paying on Whiz.

Robinson was able to clean the scouting staff. I can't imagine Mularkey is safe if he totally underperforms this season. So far, I think he's safe.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  9. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

Like the guy that fell off the 20 story building....at the 10th floor a guy yelled "how's it going?". The guy yelled back....."So far, so good".

• LOL LOL x 5
  10. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

Given Mularkey has a three year deal, I don't see him fired after this year unless it's abysmal. While I'm willing to live through that to get rid of him, that's not good for the team or players that were brought in.

If they did though, AAS would be paying 3 coaches, whiz, Mularkey and the new guy correct? Or was Mularkey not guaranteed? Or is that even a thigh with coaches? Lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar