Good read on CJ's chances at 2K next season

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Jan 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

2. Symon

Symon Camp Fodder

Based on history, a running back in their 2nd season doesn't break 2000 yards...when it comes to CJ, i dont think you can really look at history...you just gotta wait for it to be made :)

good read though

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Very nice. I agree. CJ is an exceptional player who doesn't fit into the ordinary category. I expect another amazing season from him, even if Fish tries to limit him. He'll be great even with less carries. His YPC will be even better than this season.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I once thought he could do it twice (2K season), but maybe not. I expect him to still touch the ball 30 times a game, just more screens and other receiving plays opening things up.

5. some chris js

some chris js touchdown titans

If VY and the passing game steps up from here and on, I don't think CJ will be sniffing 2000yds again. But who knows, that 4.24 speed is no joke

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Chances of rushing for 2000 yards again? 0%

Where do you get that? 5.6 yards a carry for a whole season is so rare. Emmitt Smith and Walter Payton NEVER averaged that for a season but CJ can improve on that?

7. MadAboutMcNair

MadAboutMcNair Starter

Chris is great. But I would love to see something like 1700-1800 yds., less wear and tear man.
    Earl Campbell, Eddie, ran 'em into the ground. A smaller role for CJ would hopefully translate into a longer career.

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

While I don't think he'll get another 2K yards rushing, I definitely think he can out do his total yards from scrimmage record. He'll be more involved in 2010, but instead of crashing him into the line of scrimmage I think they'll send him out on a route for the passing game. And by doing that I'd imagine his YPC would improve. He often times would run for 9-10-11 yards one after another, but then would go for 0-1-3, and that killed his YPC average.

During the season I believed he could have back to back 2K yards rushing, but now I feel that the team just wants him to have the ball no matter how, and that means receiving too. They said some of the same things this time last year too, and we did see him improve dramatically in both rushing and receiving. I think he'll have 1700 or so from running, and another 1000 catching the ball. He'll be more dangerous that way, and for longer.

9. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

CJ CAN reach 2,000 yards again. But he won't. Why? Because we will have a full offensive scheme next season designed to throw and pass. We will basically use CJ to set up throws downfield. CJ can definitely do it again but he won't because while it was a fun ride this year, it's time to move on to bigger things. Playoffs

10. Bayou Titan

Bayou Titan Starter

This is why I'm so extremely bitter about that holding call against Seattle. I don't think the magnitude of what CJ did got enough attention. Seasons like this don't come along very often. It was special and I feel cheated that we didn't get to see him within 50 yards of the record. I think the Titans would've went all out to that reoord had he been that close.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar