Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Gooddell furthers his destruction of the NFL

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Finnegan2win, Jun 5, 2013.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 4 users.
  1. Tennessy XO @TennessyXO

McNair
    Moolah:
    $10,445
    Then why are the Raptors straight garbage and the Grizzlies now reside here in Tennessee?

Pwned
    Fry high fives this.
  2. The Hammer Out for a rip

Matthews 2
    Moolah:
    $126,787
    Idiot ownership
  3. Fry Hatin' is what I do.

Casey
    Moolah:
    $13,501
    The NBA is run by morons. The Grizzlies didn't work in Toronto, so we'll move them to Memphis and then give Toronto a new team(a team that is miserable). The Jazz left New Orleans for Utah, so we'll move the Hornets to New Orleans and then give Charlotte a new team.

Idiots.
  4. The Hammer Out for a rip

Matthews 2
    Moolah:
    $126,787

Grizzlies were in Vancouver. Started the same year as the Raptors.
  5. Fry Hatin' is what I do.

Casey
    Moolah:
    $13,501
    See?! No one cares about the NBA in Canada! Two terrible teams there at the same time and I didn't even know that! :boo:
    The Hammer high fives this.
  6. The Hammer Out for a rip

Matthews 2
    Moolah:
    $126,787

Actually, the Raptors do really well at the gate and with ratings considering how bad they have been on the court. Team makes money hand over fist.
  7. nickmsmith has the most poverty RB corp.

Reynaud
    Moolah:
    $22,931
    Hm. That's ironic because the Nfl has done the exact same thing. Colts from Baltimore, move the browns to Baltimore, bring back a new browns to Cleveland.

Oilers to Tennessee, replace with texans.

Move the cardinals away from St. Louis, replace with rams from LA.

NHL has attemped things in Atlanta multiple times (at least with the flames and thrashers) to no avail. They moved away the Winnipeg jets just to bring them back a bit later.

All in all, it happens all the time in lots of sports.

But yes... The nba has been dead to me since Reggie miller retired.

And yes, Goodell is a *******. But he is a smart businessman. He has to toe the line between player safety and ruining the game, and it's not an enviable position to be in, in that regard. The times dictate that he has to change the standard for player safety. It sucks, but it's true.
  8. The Hammer Out for a rip

Matthews 2
    Moolah:
    $126,787

Rams actually originated in Cleveland. Meaning two teams left Cleveland and they still get a third.
    nickmsmith high fives this.
  9. Big TT Pro Bowler

Klug
    Moolah:
    $11,260
    I don't care about the NBA in America either. LOL
    nickmsmith high fives this.
  10. Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

Moolah:
    $597
    This is a ridiculous idea on so many levels. The first being, American Football is not an internationally popular sport. Look at baseball, basketball, hockey. All more internationally popular than football, but you don't see the NBA, MLB, and NHL starting franchises on different continents. I wonder why that is?

Travel is most definitely a problem that can't be overcome at this time. Seattle to Miami is a lot different than Seattle to London.

I really think Goodell is simply trying to generate interest from foreign markets by "speculating" that places like London and China could one day have teams. I doubt there are any plans for this to happen at all.