Gooddell furthers his destruction of the NFL

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Finnegan2win, Jun 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XO

XO Nevada Native

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Idiot ownership

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

The NBA is run by morons. The Grizzlies didn't work in Toronto, so we'll move them to Memphis and then give Toronto a new team(a team that is miserable). The Jazz left New Orleans for Utah, so we'll move the Hornets to New Orleans and then give Charlotte a new team.

Idiots.

4. The Hammer

Grizzlies were in Vancouver. Started the same year as the Raptors.

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

See?! No one cares about the NBA in Canada! Two terrible teams there at the same time and I didn't even know that! :boo:

6. The Hammer

Actually, the Raptors do really well at the gate and with ratings considering how bad they have been on the court. Team makes money hand over fist.

7. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Hm. That's ironic because the Nfl has done the exact same thing. Colts from Baltimore, move the browns to Baltimore, bring back a new browns to Cleveland.

Oilers to Tennessee, replace with texans.

Move the cardinals away from St. Louis, replace with rams from LA.

NHL has attemped things in Atlanta multiple times (at least with the flames and thrashers) to no avail. They moved away the Winnipeg jets just to bring them back a bit later.

All in all, it happens all the time in lots of sports.

But yes... The nba has been dead to me since Reggie miller retired.

And yes, Goodell is a *******. But he is a smart businessman. He has to toe the line between player safety and ruining the game, and it's not an enviable position to be in, in that regard. The times dictate that he has to change the standard for player safety. It sucks, but it's true.

8. The Hammer

Rams actually originated in Cleveland. Meaning two teams left Cleveland and they still get a third.

9. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

I don't care about the NBA in America either. LOL

10. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

This is a ridiculous idea on so many levels. The first being, American Football is not an internationally popular sport. Look at baseball, basketball, hockey. All more internationally popular than football, but you don't see the NBA, MLB, and NHL starting franchises on different continents. I wonder why that is?

Travel is most definitely a problem that can't be overcome at this time. Seattle to Miami is a lot different than Seattle to London.

I really think Goodell is simply trying to generate interest from foreign markets by "speculating" that places like London and China could one day have teams. I doubt there are any plans for this to happen at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar