goodell changes draft format

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Fry, Oct 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

another bad decision by goodell. the only reason this makes sense is to make the draft more watchable to the casual fan, thus upping ratings. nevermind that there will probably be less trades.

and i guess moving the third round to the second day gives the casual fan more of a reason to watch.

i just don't like it.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3075663

2. KingTitan25

KingTitan25 Guest

well the draft is meant for the Real fans i guess you could say. the casual fans can just go check the bottom line every couple hours. i don't like it.

3. Titans256

Titans256 Starter

Goodell must have the David Stern "little bossman" syndrome...

"I have to do things and make changes so people will know that I'm the boss..."

4. Ryan

Ryan FREE WILLY!!!

Ok this is complete bs... I love to wake up and just sit there and watch the whole freaking draft all day long.. Now its at 3 mann

5. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I'm glad they shortened the first round to 10 minutes. But this isn't the way I figured they'd change the draft up. I don't like the 3rd round on day 2 now, or the late start on Saturday.

Wish they just would've moved Round 1 to Friday night primetime. That would've been sweet.

6. Ryan

Ryan FREE WILLY!!!

Yeahhhhhhhhhh Round 1 on Friday Night... then 12 am Saturday Rounds 2 through 5. Sunday morning 6 and 7

7. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I'm glad for the change. It will take up less of my day on Saturday now.

8. Good change. 15 minutes was just too long...

9. MadAboutMcNair

MadAboutMcNair Starter

this is something that has been needed for awhile now. I mean how many time are we supposed to sit through this crap. I love the draft. I've been watching it with one of my best friends since before we had an NFL team. Every year we complain about somebody taking all fifteen minutes when the whole world knew who they were taking.

Very good move. I can't wait to watch next year.

10. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

^Very true. These teams have 8 months to figure out who they want to draft. Why do they need more than 5 minutes to choose their guy?
    It's horrible to watch and you shouldn't have to sit there for 24 hours to see 2 rounds.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar