Goodell considering expanding playoffs to 14 or 16 teams

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Gunny, Dec 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. corymiller

corymiller New Era Connoisseur

A team would kill in Vegas.

2. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

So.. they want to get rid of kickoffs.

They might as well get rid of punts too. You can't have a punt return without "holding" or "block in the back" on every ****ing punt. It's completely useless to try and return a punt, save 10 yards by fair catching everything. So ****ing stupid.

3. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Yeah right. Can you imagine Kenny Britt living in Vegas. He gets in trouble in NASHVILLE.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. J Falk

J Falk Starter

Worst thing to ever happen to football.

5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I for one will probably just stop watching when it becomes flag football - which it is quickly becomming.

Football without big hits is not football

6. corymiller

corymiller New Era Connoisseur

I said a team would kill. Put a stadium right off the strip(Sam Boyd is way too far from the city). There would be a lot of players getting in trouble though. But the city would undoubtedly support a team.

7. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Really? I see the opposite. Who goes to Las Vegas: tourists. How many of the actual residents would adopt that team?

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. TheBisco

TheBisco Pro Bowler

Vegas has been hit harder by the recession than just about anyone. Except Detroit.

9. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

I can verify this, I visited a friend that lives 10 mins away from Vegas in the summer and the job market was weak, a ton of foreclosures, and banks driving housing value down. Nashville has a higher population than Vegas by the way, and our market is growing, Vegas is shrinking.

10. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

Rodge is definitely 'pu**ifying' the sport - but I'm not really sure he's got a choice, the NFL could easily disappear under a slew of lawsuits if it was kept the way it was under Paul.

I would definitely prefer a somewhat 'reduced' NFL, if you will, then to no NFL. But with regards to the word 'reduced' its got limits - by talking about removing kickoffs and such, that's just too much.

I feel the way it is now is fine. They removed all those helmet hits, defenseless player hits, huge blind-sight blocks, I won't lie, in the end it made sense.

I mean those hits were awesome but it got the point where they really were destroying humans, both their bodies and their minds.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar