Goodell may push the draft further back in '15

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Two Kings, May 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

Ugh. I get it, but could they also come up with SOMETHING else for us to look forward to and talk about if they push it back?

It would certainly fill the hole that is usually between draft and training camp, but now we have a gap between FA and the Draft. We'll need something there to hold us over. Overall I like there being something constantly there for Football fans to do during the year.

Sources tell the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel that the NFL is giving "serious consideration" to pushing the draft back even further toward mid-May in 2015.
    Commissioner Roger Goodell has heard the loud complaints about this year's lull between free agency and the draft, but he's undeterred. The extra time has led to extra coverage, which could very well lead to higher ratings Thursday night. "There have been some real pluses, and we'll have to evaluate that," Goodell said. "A number of our coaches have praised it, too, because it gave them a chance to spend time with their current players and make some determinations about what's the right place to go in the draft. So there's some real value to it."

May 8 - 8:34 AM​

2. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

:goodell:

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

And the boos will be louder and louder the more you keep pushing it back, Goodouche.

• High Five High Five x 3
  4. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Good god y'all.. what is he good for?

Absolutely nothing.

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I get it, Goodell just wants to keep things fresh and exciting. He's changing things just to change things. I dont really mind experimenting with things that dont work (see 2012 Pro Bowl), but the draft in late April has always worked.

6. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

7. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

yeah man.. It's just stupid. It doesn't benefit anyone in any way. Just plain Stupid.

8. XO

XO Nevada Native

Am I the only one who thinks the draft should be earlier to get these rookies ready for the summer and fall?

I want them in town in April, not May.

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

maybe we should just not watch the draft tonight, **** the ratings

tv is not the only place to learn who we drafted.

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I think these guys need very waking minute they can with their new teams, if anything move it up a week or two, not back.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar