Goodell not allowing Pacman back anytime soon

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Feb 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alzarius

alzarius Guest

This will never happen again. pac is a poster boy, period. If Tank is able to play, Pac should be able to.

Your point IS valid, but thats not the point.

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

This may partly be about removing liability.

3. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

Wow, Goodell is taking this too far. Either suspend him for life, or reinstate him!

4. supertitan24

supertitan24 Guest

what is the comish doing. Why not reinstate him. He has settled all his off filed issues and has not gotten in anymore trouble. Reinstate him now so the Titans can get a draft pick for his sorry ***. I used to think Goddell was a good comish but now I think he's a lousy one that likes to trow his power around. First burning the spygate tapes and not reinstating pac-man. He was suspended for one season. That one season will be over as of feburuary 29. The titans should ask him to reinstate him so they can better there team by letting him go. This just hurts the Titans. The players union should also step in.

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Reinstating Pacman right now solves nothing for the Titans. This may even be a blessing in disguise.

Right now, he has no trade value. None. Nil. The only way he gets value, IMO, is staying out of trouble for a few months and proving he can still play at a high level in preseason games.

So, if Pacman is reinstated right now, the Titans have two options:

1. Allow him to workout and participate in OTAs (assuming he wants to) and accepting the risk he could injure himself.

2. Release him and get nothing.

Maybe waiting until training camp gives the Titans more time to evaluate. It may open some trade opportunities. It gives more time for Pacman to prove he can stay out-of-trouble. It certainly removes the distraction of Pacman over at BSP during rookie camp and OTAs.

Honestly, does allowing Pacman back right now even change their approach in free agency and the draft as far as the future of the CB position goes? The unknown remains because they have no idea if he can stay out-of-trouble or play well enough to make the roster in August. Waiting until training camp doesn't hurt the Titans, IMO.

And then there is the liability issue.

The Titans kept McNair away from Baptist Sports Park because they said they may be liable to pay his contract if he was to be hurt working out or at OTAs. The same may be going on here. Pacman gets hurt next month and then sues the team for a settlement. Pacman gives them the shaft again.

The NFLPA took it to arbitration and McNair won because he was under contact. But as long as he's suspended by the league, Pacman has no ground to stand on until he is reinstated.

I think we may see the NFLPA and Pacman's lawyers/agents not take this without a fight. They want to force the Titans to release him or pay him.

6. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

ahahahha

I guess I'm the only one who finds this incredibly funny

7. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

If I was Adam, I'd have a nice little suit ready to file
    grounds ? idk ...... just cause - due process , etc..... something

8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Goodell is a douchebag. I hope he gets removed soon for destroying the spy tapes.
    Worst commish ever.

9. NewsGrabber

NewsGrabber Guest

Pacman may have to re-petition Goodell to return

Suspended Titans cornerback Pacman Jones remains outside of the Tennessee organization indefinitely and might have to re-petition NFL commissioner Roger Goodell to see when he can return to football. ...more

[​IMG]

10. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

No surprise.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar