Goodell: The worst man in America

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RavensShallBurn, Oct 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

Why don't they fix the problems here then? They still can't sell out games here in the US, fix that first and then work on expanding. I'm sure they could make more money if they moved the jags to LA even though I want them to stay in our division. Make more money of course but keep it in this country. NFL Europe failed for a reason and they need to look at that before they put a team over there.

2. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

The league doesn't really care about selling out games. It doesn't make much money from ticket sales. As I've already said (please read my posts in this thread), money comes from TV contracts.

Also, it's somewhat foolish to suggest that expanding overseas and improving attendance in the US are somehow mutually exclusive.

I personally don't believe expanding to Europe will work out like the league hopes, but it's very easy for me to see why Goodell and the owners feel like they have to give it a try.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I mostly pointed out Mexico City because of its proximity to other NFL cities.

4. JCBRAVE

31. Giants and Jets share the Medowlands

5. acqua7

acqua7 Pro Bowler

ahhh maybe not ticket sales...but concession and pro shop sales inside the stadium matter...not to mention money made off parking.

6. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

I can only imagine how much they make on beer sales from one game alone!

7. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

The NFL doesn't make billions of dollars on beer sales and parking costs, guys. It's the TV contracts that truly matter.

Of course the league wants ticket sales, jersey sales, etc. to remain high. But it can work on boosting those sales at the same time as expanding the game into new TV markets.

8. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Las Vegas simply would not work. Same reason Jacksonville does not work. Large portion of the population comes and goes frequently. Las Vegas doesn't have all that many full-time residents compared to how many people are in the city at one point in time.

Can't build a fanbase with a city with constantly changing people.

LA needs no explanation. if 2 or more teams come there and fail, it's time to mark them off the list.

I personally don't care if they move it to London or Timbuktu. It's their money grubbing model, and the Jaguars sure aren't making any money where they are, currently.

It's all about untapped markets. The USA is tapped out. it's at maximum football fanship, like the NHL was with Canada and the Northeast. There's nowhere to go, but elsewhere.

9. JCBRAVE

I do wonder what the profit is on beer, considering they mark it up at least 600%

10. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar