Goodell: The worst man in America

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RavensShallBurn, Oct 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

oh yeah. they do add a lot of middlemen in the process, too, though. I'm sure the organization gets a cut, Budweiser gets a cut, the concession company gets a cut, who pays the salaries of the ANNOYING yelling beer seller, and the concession workers, even with all that.. still crazy outrageous prices.. and have never bought a beer at a major league event of any kind because of it.

2. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

Exactly.

3. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

They wonder why people tailgate and drink before the game too lol

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

So any American company that sells their product outside of the country is being unpatriotic? That is ignorant and backwards.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I'm frankly shocked by some of the xenophobic Hitler like comments on this board about football outside of the country. Personally i was always proud that other countries would adopt sports that were born or popularized here.

Basketball and baseball are truly international sports. Who cares if they want to market the nfl the same way?

6. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

The problem I have with it is that there are only 8 home games and taking away 1 home game is huge. 1 football game equals about 10 baseball games and I don't see the MLB playing that many games outside the country. Honestly, I do not mind 1 or 2 games but putting a franchise there would not work with traveling and time zones. As for the superbowl I want it to stay within the states because it generates a lot of revenue for an American city like Tampa Bay. Superbowl Sunday is practically a holiday here!

7. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Citation needed.

It wouldn't be without some minor difficulties, but it could work fine.

8. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

It's not selling the product, it's moving the product. Selling the product is televising and selling merch, putting a team there is moving it.

So yes.

9. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

I still think that franchise would have a hard time picking up FA's and NFL Europe failed in 2007 for multiple reasons.

10. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

Because the National Basketball Association and Major League Baseball do not attempt to send their leagues into overseas country. Basketball and baseball are international sports because there are strong leagues founded in other countries not because the NBA and MLB expanded to those markets.

Also putting a team in Europe would be is a geographical nightmare as it is just too far away to make as a team's base of operations. The largest distance between any division rivals is the Rams and the 49ers at ~1,700 miles. The distance between London and the closest NFL city is almost twice that at 3,229 miles (Foxborough, MA).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar