Google+

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Smash, Jul 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

So, has anyone else gotten into Google+?

What ya think?

2. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Yeah, I'm in. I think it'll put a kick in the pants of FB, having the developers think "why didn't i think of that?". Soon the race to have the same features will be on.

I haven't enough friends or traffic to make my "circles" usable yet, but I like the general idea. I've already found a stumbling block though: you have to be careful about which circle gets your posts. What I DON"T like is the idea of rebuilding a social network, including my profile. I'm just too damn lazy for that.

My FB page has a lot of "friends"-mostly from high school, where I was, like, TOTALLY unpopular- who seem to like following me, but I have zero interest in following them. G+ might be a good escape route without going through the bother of being an "unfriending" jerk.

3. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Dont friend people on facebook if you dont talk to them. I know people with 300 friends and nobody ever responds to their wall post.....family and co workers are all i have on my fb.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I'm not surprised no one spoke to you in school.

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I'm in... but I don't really get it at this point.

It may take off, but right now it's just kind of like having a generic facebook.

Google rarely does wrong, so it wouldn't surprise me if it were a success. Google+ is a crap name for something you want to grow though.

6. XO

XO Nevada Native

I'm on and I'm far from impressed.
    It is pretty much... Facebook. It is a bit cleaner but that is it.

Google has tried the social networking thing a couple times now and it has failed every time.

Jesse is right to a certain extent. Many people's complaints about Facebook come from "over networking ". I recently went through and took my friends list down from about 550 to 160. I'm actually on Facebook a bit more now after excluding everyone that wasn't family or someone I actually talked to.

The circles idea is the only thing I like about plus. Facebook will do something similar really soon I'm sure.

In my opinion Twitter is the way to go. I think it is far above Facebook and plus. Get on Twitter! Build a network!

7. Smash

Wave, Buzz, etc. - they've tried the social thing plenty of times, without hitting a homerun. Google+ might be it. It has a huge potential and people know how to use it, opposite e.g. Wave.

But for me it's too early to judge, with the limited amount of "friends" in it. It's mainly the geeky part that's in, the "gamers" and other disturbers are still sticking with FB.

8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I didn't realize they had tried it that many times... could be the problem. Hard to have a social network without people being aware of it.

With that known, I can't see this getting big. Simple is good- but it looks far too simple.

9. Smash

I like that it more or less offers the same as Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin in one place. With the circles thingy, you can differentiate who should have access to what. It's pretty cool, but also takes some time to adjust to.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar