Got a WII....

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by ammotroop, Dec 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

:shake:
    jeez, you're still at this ?
    I wonder what you do over spilt milk

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

lol, as usual when you are wrong you get all whiny.

be a man.

3. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

Maybe Puck enjoys the Wii or the sales competition that it has had with other systems? Your posts act like he is swaying national sales through a small sub forum on an unoffical NFL teams board. How does that make sense?

4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

actually, I'm taking into consideration that these things are needles in haystacks ..... perhaps someone here may have tried to get one and failed.

the premise was not to say "LOOK LOOK GO HERE !!!" but merely a "wtf? it's ironic these things were nowhere for weeks and suddenly there's dozens available in B&M (brick and mortar) stores"

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

No, actually his posts are like that.

I asked why he feels the need to tell us there are none, or some. He said he doesn't, I proved him wrong (again). It serves no purpose what so ever, people know how and where to get a Wii. It's not rocket science. Then, as usual, he gets his knickers in a twist and thinks it's me against him.

6. Tackhead #9

Tackhead #9 Harder, better, faster, stronger

Titans fans will find anything to fight over... Alright, I'm making the erroneous claim that this madness stop right from my post right here. Simply 'cause I do stuff like that.
    EPA Official: S-sir, I'm afraid you've gone mad with power...
    Russ Cargill: Of course I have. You ever tried going mad without power? It's boring. No one listens to you!

Anyway, my gf got me a Wii for Christmas last year (for which she went to incredible lengths to attain), and I've been using it a fair bit since then. If you're looking for online gaming, I recommend Mario Strikers. That game gets pretty intense, though be prepared for a lot of really cheap online tactics...

7. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

My question is why did gunny find the need to pick on what puck is posting about.

I guess I'll say that I'm someone who benefits from his posts on occasion about seeing them in stores or being out. I might buy a Wii in the next month or so (or maybe not), but regardless it's interesting to me to hear at different point that they are available, or hard to find. No, I don't need one at the moment, but I do appreciate hearing about someone else's experiences finding them. No, I'm not too stupid to find one myself, and it wouldn't be hard, but I don't think that Puck's posts are worthless. It was a much larger waste of my time to read the rest of the thread where you bickered with him.

8. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

^ well put

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Why do you?

10. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Because I'm merely curious about the local wii sales. I like to know if it's generally hard to get one, or easy to find them. If Puck was continuing to say that most stores didn't have them, I'd probably go ahead and start keeping up with it myself a few weeks before I really wanted one. But since he seems to be reporting that they are available in nashville more than they had been, even though they may never have been truly unavailable, I'm not too worried about it.

Yes, that makes me lazy, that I just listen to him and take his word for it. But I also value his perspective as someone actually walking into a store and seeing an item on a shelf. I've called stores to see if they had something only to find them out a few hours later when I got there. I also know it's possible for a store to have faulty inventory, where they think they have a few wiis left, but they don't. I find Puck's reports to be more practical knowledge than a web search, and easier for me.

I'm not trying to say that they are amazing and everyone should care, or that he should post updates every day. I just think that there is some usefulness to them, at least more than a good third of the rest of the posts on the site, and I don't see any reason to waste any more time arguing about them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar