goTitans "beat writers" anyone?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by JCBRAVE, Apr 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Similar to how ESPN uses local beat writers for info on teams happenings, I thought it would be beneficial if some of us focused specifically on another team.

When we have our annual goTitans mock drafts, we've gotten them very wrong. Last year we only had 2 picks right. Now thats partially because we did it too early in the year, but still, 2 out of 32 is baaad any way you slice it.

So how this might work is:
    Since I'm very close to New York City, Im pretty much force fed Jets & Giants football. If there was anyone on goTitans that knew Giants/Jets football I feel I'd be a good person to go to.

So what Im hoping we can all do is designate teams to everyone so that next year we can actually do a good mock draft.

I'd hope naturally guys in say Cali would be up for covering the Niners, Chargers, and Raiders. And guys in like Florida cover either the Jags, Bucs, or Dolphins.

Is anybody up for this?

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Last year was the worst we've done in history. It's usually much better. One year, we beat Kiper and a few of the other big dogs.

I don't think being local is any benefit over just going to a few sites on the team and getting some feedback from the members.

3. JCBRAVE

True, but being local makes it easier to get info I think.

The Giants and Jets have their own TV channel up here, so its very easy to get news even if youre not looking for it.

4. XO

XO Nevada Native

There own TV channel?

Wtf do they broadcast?

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I'm surrounded by Rams and Bears fans. Help me.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I'm surrounded by Rams and Bears fans. Help me.

7. JCBRAVE

Highlights and other crap. It's not a 24-hour deal either, early early mornings are filled with infomercials of foot creams and other junk no one wants.

Sometimes you catch those poor African children begging for money on there too.

8. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

LOL how fitting for the Jets.

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. Ryno

Ryno ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

probably nonstop ChristianMingle commercials too :biglaugh:

10. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

I have an ID on 2 Bills Drive and listen to the all sports radio station a lot.

All indications are QB for the Bills early. They met with eight different QBs pre-draft. Joe Biscaglia, who is probably the best guy covering the Bills, is predicting Ryan Nassib in the first round.

Also, it looks like they are going for WR in the mid rounds. They have met with a bunch of WRs but none of the big names. Chance Warmack is a guy many Bills fans want. Something in common with Titans fans I guess. They met with him but only with two other OL. Neither of them big names. They also brought in some of the bigger name OLB/Pass rusher guys and CBs.

In the end most seem to feel QB is likely and that it will be Ryan Nassib. There is a thread on the forum getting a lot of action today which says the Bills are afraid the Jets will take Nassib if they pass on him:

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/157658-bills-fear-jets-will-take-ryan-nassib/

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/24/bills-fear-jets-will-take-ryan-nassib/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar