goTitans.com 10.0 Design Underway

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by TitanJeff, Apr 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Well there is a place where you can predict winners. The pickem section. I like the idea of posting the record with your name somehow.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

That would be cool, give some actual bragging rights back outside of moolah and high fives.

3. The Hammer

Overall I like the feel and layout of this site far more than any other I have been to. So I would like to share some things which I hope will not be changed:
    • Size limit on pictures in the signature: A Dolphins site I went to did not have a limit. Thread's got ridiculous with some huge pictures
    • The Alert system: Far superior to the Alert systems on other forums
    • The right side bar with the five most recent posts
    • The IM feature at the bottom: Losing this, after losing the Shoutbox, might cause Titans Eternal to go over the deep end
    Some things I have seen on other sites which would be good here:
    • A post appears with a star icon and the word "Popular" if it receives a sufficient number of likes. Source: Titans forum site that shall remain nameless
    • When a user makes two consecutive posts on the same thread the posts are automatically merged into one post: Source: Two Bills Drive
    • Ability to rate thread, from 1-5 stars for example. Source: Jets Nation
    • Link to Twitter

• High Five High Five x 4
  4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Thanks for the ideas.

The popular icon is doable, I think. The merging of consecutive threads is a nice idea and I think that too might be available. We had ratings for years on thread but few ever used them but that too can return.

We already have a link to Twitter on every page. Is there something specific you're looking for it to do?

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. XO

XO Nevada Native

Link to Twitter please.

Rep system would be cool.

The Twitter linking is cool. Most sports fanatics use Twitter.

I'd like user generated stuff.

Maybe member blogs.

Maybe we can have guests?

Invite sports writers to do forum question and answer sessions.

I dunno. I'd try to grow the site. Promote it more.

Who runs this site's Twitter and Facebook accounts? Needs to be more active.

6. The Hammer

I should have been more specific with Twitter. I was thinking more as a way to sign in. Like you have with Facebook and Google.

7. XO

XO Nevada Native

"The site that shall not be named" has a lot of good design features going for it.

The members there are just a big sack of dicks.

8. The Hammer

That could be good. 2ToneBlueBlood has a pretty good blog already: http://twotonebluecrew.com/

Also Deuce Wayne did a podcast that was pretty good a while back.

Jim Wyatt and John Glennon are pretty engaging on Twitter. Maybe they could come on for a chat session or something.

This seems to be the most active Titans Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2204579194/

Maybe linking into it would be good. I have seen Deuce on there a few times.

9. The Hammer

They do. Overall this site is much better but they do have some cool stuff there. I like the home page. A link to a fan blog is right there. I like the "around the web" section they have which includes links to Titans stories from various websites.

To expand here. You could even have a blog about a specific topic that a member spends a lot of time researching. Guys like IAmATitan and pmar know a lot about draft prospects each year. Titanup is good on college football. NewHorizons is really dialed in on the fantasy stuff.

10. XO

XO Nevada Native

Excellent idea

Titans Eternal can review gas station hot dogs

GeronimoJackson can review men

I just want a chance to write a well written blog with horrible content rather than a poorly written blog with good content like you see on Music City Miracles and "The site which will not be named".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar