goTitans.com 2012 Tailgate Thread

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by TitanJeff, Aug 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

It's getting close to tailgate time and, for anyone who wants to be a part of the Official goTitans.com Tailgates, here's some details:

Our lot is about a 10 minute walk to LP Field in a lot which has indoor bathrooms. But to use them, you have to park there and it'll cost you $20 per game unless you get a season pass.

For $150, you get to park there for all 10 Titans home games. To do this, send a check for $150 to:

Chris DeCarlo C/O Adtec
    408 Russell St.
    Nashville, TN 37206

He will give you your pass the first preseason game.

Here's an overview of where our lot is in relation to LP Field. We're where the "A" is in the photo.

tailgate.jpg

We have a shortcut to Woodland and then cut across the LP Field parking lot towards the stadium.

FYI, we get to the lot during the regular season around 9 a.m. for a noon game. We usually have plenty of food but ask any locals who attend to bring something yummy to share and their own beverage of choice.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Ewker

Ewker Starter

sounds good to me

3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

looking forward too it.

Too often it is the highlight of the day - but not this year

8-0 at home - book it!

4. Ewker

Ewker Starter

looks like we are going to pass on the parking. Susie finally got a job but she is working every Sunday now. At this point not even sure how many games I will get to. I have already started trying to sell the tickets

5. TitanJeff

Bummer. But congrats to Susie on the employment. I know it took a while.

6. Ewker

Ewker Starter

hopefully I will be able to stop by and say hello. She is happy about the job but not happy about working weekends but it is a job. It ruins our backpacking, kayaking. Titans games and traveling time

7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I sent my check in today.

Unless my work schedule changes I will not be sleeping on the streets this season

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

Contacted Chris and we will be there this year! You'll have to give me traffic avoidance tips from Franklin ;)

9. TitanJeff

It's actually one of the best parts of parking there.

When looping around towards the stadium from I-65, you get off at the Shelby St. exit. At the top of the ramp, they have a "local traffic only" block on the other side so... drive around that, go up the street and, as it bends to the right, there we are.

Getting out is just the opposite. We go left out of the lot and onto the highway at Shelby St. You have to loop around the city on 440 but it's not nearly as bad as when we parked by the river.

10. Titanium

Titanium TITANFN Staff

I'm thinking fried chicken for Thursday's game against the Cardinals. Would it be grotesque to eat a bird type food before we play the Cardinals? :beerbang:

We probably won't break out the grill for the game on Thursday, so just thinking of something easy to bring. Thoughts?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar