Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

goTitans.com Pickem

Discussion in 'Titan Cup/Fantasy Football' started by TitanJeff, Aug 6, 2013.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 6 users.
  1. Dman Starter

McNair
    Moolah:
    $7,797
    I got the spread, lost the normal, thought this game would be closer with this "new" chip kelly offense, what a bunch of sh**. I would think protecting the ball somewhat would be part of his philosophy too.
  2. RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $47,957

I had that same feeling... then I kind of figured the Chiefs wouldn't be able to keep up with the Eagles offense. Instead, the Eagles spotted them 10 easy points to start the game.
  3. RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $47,957

If there's a game I am 50/50 on, I usually choose the team favored in straight up pick 'em and the underdog in spread pick 'em.

Like last week I picked the Eagles to beat the Chargers straight up, but I picked the Chargers to cover because I knew it could go either way.

This might be a bad week for me, as I'm having a hard time deciding on a lot of these games... I knew it was too good to be true. 29-3... never thought that was possible.

I am also contemplating picking the Steelers for my upset pick of the week.
    • Staff / Moderator

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande

Hunter
    Moolah:
    $9,783
    I just goofed in picking an underdog to win outright but not in the spread.

I'm thinking about taking the Jags straight up too. :brow:
  4. Dman Starter

McNair
    Moolah:
    $7,797

19.5 to the jags, i will be rooting hard for Seattle to score, score, score but I don't think it will be a problem. winning by almost 20, I say they win by 30
  5. SawdustMan Starter

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $10,128
    Might not be a bad pick. Tough to see them starting 0-3. And while the Bears look to be the superior team, they've won both of their games by a combined 4 points. So teams are playing them close. And it's in Pittsburgh.
  6. Dman Starter

McNair
    Moolah:
    $7,797

considering they rushed for what about 40 yards vs cincy... and now they play chicago d...I think they will be going 0-3 and eating their yellow pi** towels! more pressure on big ben with bad oline and hardly a running game.
  7. SawdustMan Starter

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $10,128
    Yeah their rushing game is really what's holding them back at this point. If they can get a rhythm going rushing the ball then I think they'll be back to their previous form, or at least close. They still have Ben and some dangerous receivers. And they'll be getting Heath Miller back sometime soon. And that defense isn't nearly as bad as some people are making them out to be. They're top 10 in the league in both points allowed and yards allowed.

Of course I'm always rooting for them to fail. But I'm just being realistic here. I don't believe they are as bad as they've looked through two weeks.
  8. Dman Starter

McNair
    Moolah:
    $7,797

I agree with everything you said here but miller won't be back to face chicago and they are playing well now, I see bears with the win and panic in steel city
  9. RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $47,957
    And.... my picks were atrocious today. Absolutely awful. I go from 29-3 through the first 2 weeks to 4-11 this week.

When I looked at the picks, I knew it was going to be a really tough week. Couldn't make up my mind on KC/PHI, DET/WAS, ATL/MIA, and BUF/NYJ. And I really shouldn't have gone with the Steelers to upset the Bears, but it was just a gut pick. I'm glad I was wrong... because I love seeing that team 0-3.