goTitans.com Update Thread

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by TitanJeff, Jul 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XO

XO Nevada Native

You know I've always said this.

The Falcons have the same problem too with UGA.

Jacksonville DID have this problem for awhile with UF but the Jag fans, especially Duval County have really become their own thing.

It is the new Jags owner. Super Mario is no joke. He has changed the culture there around that franchise.

Similar to what we would have hoped happened when Bud sadly passed. It has maybe a little with the coaching hires but the culture around our franchise from the logo to the game day atmosphere(improved a bit) remain as bland as ever.

We might have lost Bud but make no mistake that the same ideas and culture are still in the Titans organization.

Super Mario came into Jax and cleaned house.

2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

No, they really don't.

It isn't unusual to see Falcons jerseys around. Every time I see a Titans jersey I am still pretty surprised. The thing about Georgia is that they have GT and UGA to split things up. Not to mention some people have gone to 'Bama and Auburn, it is a pretty diverse area.

Vols are marketable in Tennessee because they are the Vols, not because they have shown to be a competent football.......like in over a decade......

3. XO

XO Nevada Native

The Falcons have a lethargic fan base.

Atlanta is notoriously complacent about their teams.

The Braves, Hawks and Falcons fans are pretty bland.

They lost the hockey team...

I still can't believe the MLS and Author Blank are putting a franchise there. They will be gone in ten years.

The Titans problem is a marketing problem. They don't need East TN to have a strong fan base.

The Titans arguably get the least amount of media attention of any NFL franchise.

We are not the even the smallest market and are far from the worst performing team.

It is marketing and lazy fans.

4. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Of course its marketing.

They are marketing it to 50 year old couples who can go to a game after church and drink a cup of coffee.

5. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Word!

6. XO

XO Nevada Native

BUT

There is a youth movement and it will be growing in the next few years. The Jaguars are in the middle of it.

The fans that grew up with the franchise are now adults and have money to support the team in their own way.

A changing of the guard at LP of sorts.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

In all fairness, we get the least amount of attention because we have ****ing sucked for the past 10 years and our 'star' players have drastically sucked complete ass.

When McNair was making his MVP run, when Volek and Bennett set records, when CJ was CJ2K, when Britt single handedly destroyed the Eagles, when Haynesworth and KVB had one of the most dominant defensive lines of all time, we had media coverage.

You can't expect media coverage with a washed up running back getting 3.9 ypc and a mediocre QB who can't stay healthy. We aren't getting attention because we are not doing anything worth getting attention.

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

All of this would change if Manziel was a Titan, one of the few reasons why I would actually want him here. You get a player fans want to watch and then see how often we're talked about, how many younger fans are excited, and marketing won't be an issue with a guy like him.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

doubtful

I am still one of the only 'serious' Titan fans that I grew up with. If the MCM and Dyson getting stopped at the 1 can't get people serious, nothing will. It will take a franchise QB and a decade of solid football.

10. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

I want a good QB not a marketing gimmick. Might as well sign Tim Tebow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar