goTitans.com Update Thread

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by TitanJeff, Jul 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

Yeah, I enjoyed the post count. Now we have to go to that persons profile. It isn't a problem seeing our own, since it is just in the top right corner. I wouldn't mind peoples location be replaced with their post count. I care far more about the pros with mega posts than seeing Costa's current homeless shelter location.

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Hmmm... I bet this can be edited. I shall investigate.

Just FYI, you can click on an avatar to see that member's stats on a pop-up.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Yep, I'm with Titans Eternal. I enjoyed the post count, just a minor detail i'd enjoy to see back. Not a big deal if it doesn't work out. Thanks for investigating TJ.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Titans Eternal

Wohooo, it worked. Thanks Jeff :yay:

5. MrBean

MrBean Master of Not Much

Hey Jeff, is there anyplace to choose how many posts in thread can be viewed each page?

I have always liked having more posts per page than more pages.

Most of the other forums I frequent, I set them up to viewing 50 or 100 per page. Just makes it easier when you come late to a topic. For example, tonights game thread. It's showing 60 pages so that's what, roughly 600 posts.

If I up my posts shown per page up to 50, that's only 12 page changes versus 60. When trying to read a whole thread to catch up, that makes a huge difference.

6. TitanJeff

Sorry, the limit is set up this way for advertising purposes. More pages=more ad impressions. It's the same reason many other sites now break their articles over multiple pages.

Also, the gameday thread is not typical of most of our normal threads. You might prefer the chat room for games. It's actually a much better option as the forum isn't really designed to handle so many posts in such a short time. It hammers the server though I think it held up well last night.

7. Titans Eternal

All we talked about in the chat room was watermelon insertion, VY and Tebow

8. TitanJeff

I'm sorry I missed that.

9. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

TE was up to two watermelons......dry......

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Diggin' the new message count. Good work TJ.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar