Gotitans weight loss for men?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 520, Aug 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dee

Dee Pro Bowler

there is good carbs and bad carbs.

Try switching to multi-grain pasta, bread, tortillas

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I tried Paleo for the hell of it around August. Basically no bread, grains, peanuts or dairy.

I felt awful. Did it for two weeks, waiting to recover and it never happened. My lifts stalled big time. Workouts were ass. Felt tired all the time.

Went back to the way I was eating before that and everything jumped back in to place within a couple of days.

Plus, I like my greek Yogurt and peanut butter....

3. xhrr

xhrr Starter

I would try it for a month. Yes it sucks at first but then you slowly add food back and see how your body reacts.

So basically I handle dairy fine but struggle with most grains so I don't eat much except rice on occasion and Ezekiel bread.

I'm like you I love Greek yogurt and pb and eat them every day. My diet is more so "football paleo" than strict paleo. Google it if you are interested but in short it is paleo plus dairy. If pb doesn't bother you eat that too. The whole legume argument is retarded. People always ask me for meal plans and I just tell them keep your diet 80% whole food 10% whole foods you don't like but know you should eat for the health benefits and 10% disgusting goodness.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  4. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I'm down 8.5lb so far. Gonna try to cut another 5 or so then it's bulking time baby!

You still on the wagon @520 ?

5. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

Ya man
    Almost down 20...easter set me back a pound or two lol. I feel like I finally changed my lifestyle. I don't think I could ever go back eating like Iuused to now that I'm conscious about it.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. Fry

Cutting 13.5lbs? Must be nice. I've lost 15 and still have ten to go. :disappointed:

I'm pretty close to saying **** it and just start bulking again. I want to change my program but don't want to waste the first month of it.

7. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Oh I could easily lose another 10. I just don't know how patient I'll realistically be. I didn't really start this cut with any certain weight goal in mind. I just wanted to trim as much fat as possible for as long as I can stand it.

I'm right there with you on wanting to say F it. Cutting sucks balls. I really regret not getting to a low BF% from the get-go before bulking. But I wanted dem max gainz.

What program are you running?

8. Fry

ICF5x5. I want to switch to PHUL because squatting heavy every damn workout is getting old.

Plus, I went from StrongLifts to ICF since April of last year(six months on both). I think my strength base is good now.

9. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

ICF is a lot of volume. That's gotta be pretty brutal on a cut.

I ran full body programs for about the first 7 months but the squatting every day started to get to me too. Squatting heavy at the beginning of every workout really takes it out of you and I felt it was negatively impacting the progression of all my other lifts. Plus I was itching to lift more than 3 days per week. So I switched to Upper/Lower.

I enjoy it much more. It's nice being able to hit bench and other upper body lifts fresh and not all drained from squats. To be completely honest though, my strength gains have slowed slightly on the U/L but hypertrophy is noticeably improved. I probably should've milked the strength gains of a fullbody for just a little bit longer but I'm not going back now. A PHUL setup might be a nice in between and it's something I've actually been considering recently. I'm gonna wait til I'm done with this cut before making any adjustments to my program though.

10. Fry

Yeah, I had to knock the squats down to a 3x5.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar