Gotitans weight loss for men?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 520, Aug 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Most serious weight lifters Ive known dont care about the abs, but they do work their cores. Strong core strong everything... And squatting alone doesn't do enough, youre really selling yourself short by not exercising every muscle.. Your body wont create the right amount of amino acids if you're not training every area you can... My bench press shot up significantly the month I really put together a full top to bottom workout. Its weird how your legs can help make your whole body stronger, but it makes sense since thats where some of your body's biggest muscles are...

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Le Sigh...

I haven't been able to go heavy lately. I tweaked my back about three weeks ago and took 10 days off. Knocked it down from 5x5 at 295 to 5x5 at 255. I'll add 5lbs to the bar each workout to work my way back up to it.

But now I have some anterior deltoid issue. Benched on Thursday of last week and felt some numbness. Didn't think anything of it. Next workout(Saturday) I felt it doing squats and couldn't do a single bench rep at my usual weight of 185. just feels weak and fatigued.

May is going to be a lost month, I'm afraid.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I did the same thing for a while. Had some extra time one workout and added some abs at the end. The next morning was painful.

4. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I work my entire body, just don't do abs directly. Depending on who you ask it may or may not even be necessary. Plenty of knowledgeable people say the results simply aren't worth the effort. Like most things though, it's probably largely dependent on the individual as everyone's body is unique and has it's own strengths and weaknesses. But the fact that I still have a decent amount of fat on me yet have 4 abs visible tells me I'm doing alright. I squat twice a week and do weighted pullups twice a week (plus a bunch of other compounds).

But like I said, I agree I probably should add some direct work in because it couldn't hurt. Back when I was doing front squats I felt it in my abs big time. I ended up dropping them from my routine though so I could do regular back squats twice a week.

5. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I've got this nagging rotator cuff problem that's been holding me back and is very annoying. I always try to listen to my body so I stop doing pressing movements whenever it starts bothering me to avoid a full blown tear. It will feel back to normal after a week or so. Then I'll start benching again and within a few weeks it's flaring back up. It's not my form as I've meticulously checked that over and over again. I think I've just got a bum shoulder and may be one of those unlucky people who just can't bench. I'm gonna switch to decline and see if that helps at all but if the problem persists I may have to just drop benching altogether... which would really, really suck.

6. Dee

Dee Pro Bowler

Father Time is undefeated fellas

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

lol yep. I have to keep reminding myself in the "over 30 club" now.

8. JCBRAVE

front squats are great, builds the little supporting muscles

have you ever tried those vibrating belts that "melt the fat off"?

9. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Yeah I'll probably go back to a front squat/back squat combo soon.

You mean like this?
    [​IMG]

lol no. Not for me. I'll stick to diet and cardio.

10. JCBRAVE

thats what @CRUDS used in the 60's, this is what I was talking about
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar