Gotitans weight loss for men?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 520, Aug 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

It's just chocolate milk. Those commercials were funded by the chocolate milk lobby(it actually exists) trying to push chocolate milk as a recovery drink for athletics. IT HAS PROTEIN!

2. Dee

Dee Pro Bowler

It's kind of funny how Protein has gone mainstream. People don't realize how much stuff has proteins.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Yeah. It's crazy how many supposedly "healthy" protein snacks/drinks are just freaking loaded with sugar and other nonsense. I actually slowed way down on even my protein shakes. I used to do 2 per day but now I only have one along with some fruit when I don't have time to cook a proper breakfast (maybe twice a week).

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

The Gatorade protein bars are the biggest perpetrators. 20g protein(not bad at all), 350 calories(that's like 12 ounces of chicken breast), 31g sugar(holy ****ing ****).

I know they're marketed to women, but the Think Thin bars are the way to go if you're not willing to spend $2.50 per bar on Quest. 20g protein, 240 calories and 0g sugar.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I've actually changed my workout regimen pretty drastically since I got off my last cut. I think I'm done with the typical bodybuilder routines and cut/bulking phases. Couple of reasons for this. 1. Having to be on such strict diets to one extreme or the other all the time is just really a pain in the ass, the cutting phases in particular just cripple my social life too much. 2. I was tired of dealing with the nagging injuries that just would not go away.

I've had to come to accept the fact that I really just can't bench with any real regularity (which is my favorite lift, go figure). I've tried high reps with low weights, low reps with high weights... I've adjusted my form from elbows flared to almost totally tucked, and everything in between... benching once per week, twice per week, three times per week. No matter what I do I just always end up getting very severe shoulder pain within a few weeks. I suspect I have some sort of rotator cuff issue. I've taken as much as 2 months off from chest/shoulder lifting and it always comes back.

Now, I'm just trying to eat as clean as possible as often as possible. And I'm doing a more calisthenic-based routine and much more cardio. At this point I'm mainly just focused on being consistently fit and healthy rather than as muscular as possible. I'm in my 30's and married, quite frankly the bro lifestyle simply takes more time and effort than I feel it's worth lol.

I'm really considering giving a paleo diet a try. I don't really eat much processed food anyway. The cheese and grain is what would be tough for me.

6. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

The fat in the chocolate milk supposedly aids muscle recovery time. I used to drink a small cartoon of choc milk after a match at wrestling tournaments.

7. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

It's a grind! I am 41 years old, and have shoulder issues as well. Playing disc golf knocked me out for 3 months. I lost 50 lbs of press! No worries, I avoided the hurts, and focused on form. I am back now thankfully. Muscle memory is amazing. See an orthapod, at your age, a shot may help. If you trully had a rotator tear, you would not be able to get your arm at 90, or offer resistance counter pull or push. I have been through many lifting injuries, typically tendonitis. It is very painfull- daily movements impossible at times. Not sure of your situation, but would recommend an orthopedist. I use a tens unit, and am diligent with stretching. Many tendon issues can take 3 months to rectify- that is from experience. Your 30s is the optimum time to ad mass to your frame- don't give up! I am pretty real sure you don't have a cuff tear. I spent a fortune on MRI to confirm what I already knew. An office visit most likely sets you at ease.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Chocolate milk is the bomb

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

ma lol. Pretty depressing it's been a year, well I put on like 27 pounds for the first six.months.. Then lost that all. So I have a net weight loss right now of like 5 pounds over the year.

I guess the best thing is I've learned how to not gain weight, considering ive barely been exercising the last few weeks and dropped two pounds. Once in able to rejump my workout plan ill start droppin quick again I think. I gotta go on a plane in October.so imma try to lose as much as I can before then.

• LOL LOL x 1
  10. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Yeah I know it's not a full blown tear. Still, something's not right as it keeps on lingering no matter what I do. There have been a couple of times it's been so bad that I couldn't lift my arm much past 90 degrees. But after a few days rest I'm right back to normal... until the next time it happens.

I did mention it to a regular doctor when I was in for a visit for something unrelated and she didn't seem too concerned and just said to take a week or so off and let it rest. And that worked. But the thing is it keep coming back. I'd say I've been dealing with this same damn left shoulder issue for about 7-8 months now. So something's not right.

Maybe I should see an orthopedist though. And to be completely honest, I could be more consistent and intense with my stretching. I try to make it a priority but when I'm rushed, yes it is typically the thing that gets skimped on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar