Gotta be good on one side of the ball...so which side should the Titans address

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans2004, Dec 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kenny

kenny Starter

I agree to an extent. Where I have an issue with building the offense 1st is that I have no confidence that Whiz will use them correctly.

Horton has proven to be competent I would trust him to do more with more talent before Whiz.

2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

If Whiz isn't competent than Horton isn't either.

You can't blame Whiz and not Horton. They coached together in AZ as well.

I believe their resume's speak for themselves. You can't blame them for Webster/Munchak/Fisher's mess. They just got here.

Is it Whiz's fault that Locker was our starting QB? Or was it his fault that this OL sucked dong?

I'm holding back judgment because I am rational. I have plenty of concerns, but it's been one season and very few of these players are Whiz's.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

Honestly, I want to trade back for a bunch of picks and just take BPA every damn time. We need players everywhere. Really hope they trade back. If they can fix the OL, I think Mett and Sankey both look significantly better than this year. Add a talented WR and fix the D and we could see a significant improvement.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. kenny

kenny Starter

My judgment of Whiz has nothing to do with the players. It has everything to do with how he has tried to use them. Everyone is aware we are not that talented. However, if Whiz would give a little and bend to the strength of the people he has we would have had a better season. I doubt we get close to the playoffs, but better. He has tried to put square pegs in round holes this year and was unwilling to change anything about his system. There is not going to be a perfect roster for his system. Players drafted will have stronger traits in certain areas. You cannot do anything about that except adjust. He has not been willing to do so.

Read the comments Kendall Wright made about his routes & how he is transitioning to the new system. He said he did not even know where he stands as far as how he has improved. That is concerning. Several players say the same thing.

You can be "rational", but the truth is Whisenhunt wants things done his way and only his way. He has been asked about it repeatedly by the press and the question instantly brings him to the defensive. Players speak of the new system and how they are doing it the way it has to be done now, but it takes time to change. Coaches have to be able to adapt to what is on the roster. I am not saying fire the guy. I am saying that I have no confidence in him to lead the offense because he has given me no reason to be confident. You can blame a lot on the roster, but failing to use an offensive weapon like Kendall. Well, I just don't understand. I know he has a system. If he transitioned to it a bit more smoothly the players & fans would be a bit more happy.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. kenny

kenny Starter

And by the way, when Whis took the job he said, "We are not asking for patience." So the players must of looked very much like what he wanted. And when he took the job, they all became his players. It was up to him to find a way to utilize their talent. Not make them fit a system they are not suited for.

6. Roscoes Wetsuit

Roscoes Wetsuit Pro Bowler

And this is why Whiz needs to be gone.

I feel so bad for Kendall, and pretty much everyone on the roster.

He is stubborn, arrogant and treats his players like they're dumb children.

Imagine if you were a dishwasher and had a boss at work and he told you "Hey ____, the sink is located over there. Here are the dishes, soap, and a variety of cleaning utensils. We believe you are up to the task with your skills to get he dishes cleaned and do a good thorough job."

Then that boss gets fired and you get a new one who says "Hey ____, the sink is located over there. But you have walk backwards to the sink, spin & then clap twice before turning on the water. We know you probably have a better, easier, more comfortable way of getting there and doing it but that's how I like to turn on sink water so you have to do it that way. Then I want you to lather the a nickel sized amount of soap on tissue paper, cause I don't like sponges. Then while you wash the dish, you may only wipe the plate no more than two times, if you need to wipe it more than twice, you're doing it wrong. Also, wipe the plates horizontally. Don't do it vertically, don't clean the plate in circles. I don't do it that way, and neither should you or you're doing it wrong. Oh yeah, then your shift leader is going to come by to check your work. Everything should be clean and perfect if you do it my way cause I am better and smarter than you. That is why I'm your boss. If not, it's obviously your fault and not mine. We will then most likely need to hire someone new to the position."

• LOL LOL x 1
  7. LosingBy3

LosingBy3 Starter

Whiz sounds a lot like my dad.

When driving a bobcat he demands you have your hands on top of the skid steer sticks, and not on the vertical rubber grips because those are unnecessary, or some ****.

And people have the nerve to ask me why I don't work for the man.

He's un-fu*cking-bearable to work with, but you're not working WITH him, you're working FOR him.

And it's not the family business, it's his business, even though it has my name on it too.

If that's what being coached by whiz is like, I feel for these poor bastards.

8. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Because of Whiz, I'm going with the offense.. I believe if we improve on this side of the ball, the defense would look different.. Obviously we need upgrades on the D as well, but if we fix this O, watch guys like Casey, Williamson, Wreh-Wilson, Brown, Sensabaugh and even possibly Stafford/Huff really ball out. If the O gives them some breathers, Horton can turn this into a more than decent unit.

Upgrade the O! Our coach is 100% offensive so go that route. Do whatever it takes! Winston, Cooper, whatever.. OG in the 2/4 round, etc..

9. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

Our 1st rnders aren't any better...

Lewan- looks good
    Warmack- getting better but still not living up to draft position
    Wright- decent player, but will never be a #1...just a slot WR
    Locker- done
    Morgan- decent, but still not an impact player
    Britt- never lived up to potential
    CJ- our last great draft pick...a guy who actually won us games and forced other teams to game plan against him

If I'm the owner I'm looking very very carefully at the GM because this roster is void of talent and that is the GMs job.

10. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Well said, and I agree with mostly everything you said.

Didn't mean to imply you were being irrational... I'm just holding back judgment for a bit longer.

But Whiz definitely sucked this year... He doesn't deserve the majority of the blame yet though IMO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar