Gotta Love Ocho...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titan_fan_4ever, May 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

Title: Chad Ochocinco to Roger Goodell: 'If anyone can lead us out of this mess, it will be you'

Source: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/e...e-can-lead-us-out-of-this-mess-it-will-be-you

-----

The letter:

-----

I don't know how you guys feel bout this guy b/c i can't remember talking about it, but personally, I love Ocho. I will never forget him and Steve Smith going at each other with their TD celebrations - pure entertainment and i loved it. I remember his controversial interviews, he would say it as he saw it. And of course, he could ball.

Anyway, I thought this letter was pretty funny so i decided to share it.

I hope Ocho stays close to the game after he retires. I really believe he can become one of the funniest and most entertaining sport personalities (broadcasting, half-time shows, interviewing POI, etc...). And I believe he will.

On a Side Note: CBS needs to hire this guy to start competing with Fox's crew.

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

It's what I've always thought...

You sign up in the NFL knowing you're playing a violent game. You're still making millions upon millions to play it. If you want- you can retire after a few years and live rather comfortably off the money you made on your 2nd contract and be healthy for the rest of your life.

No one is talking about regulations in boxing. That's the deal. You play sport that takes repeated blows to the head... it's kind of the point. It's barbaric. Always has been.

There should be something in player contracts when they enter the NFL explaining their choices and how dangerous the game is... any NFL player suing the NFL is a joke.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I don't think it is that cut and dry.

Just because something is inherently dangerous doesn't mean that you shouldn't try to make things safer. If you are forced to rely on a doctor that works for the league and they don't give you a diagnosis with your interest in mind, and you suffer long term ill effects --- yeah, that should probably be considered for a lawsuit.

... and boxing regulations have been a constant point of debate for decades.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Chad is a character for sure, but he's not having a rebound year. He's slower and IMO has lost his edge.

And shouldn't he be calling Mr. Kraft Dad? He is the man handing out the checks. Goodell hands out fines, if anything call him a pig.

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

As for players suing for their injuries, I don't see them winning those lawsuits. If they're lucky the NFL will settle just to keep the NFL's reputation clean.

6. lilkhmerkid4u

lilkhmerkid4u Somebody Saveeeeeee Meee!

(CBS News) Chad Ochocinco wanted to get dinner with some of his fans on Monday night - and he even picked up the tab.

The New England Patriots wide receiver sent out an invitation on Twitter offering to treat 200 people to a meal at Sylvia's Restaurant in Harlem.

"Dinner in NY tonight --> 1st 200 people at Sylvia's Restaurant by 7 pm in Harlem," he wrote. "Leave ya money/credit cards at home. I got you this time."

7. NewHorizans

NewHorizans Titans Ruckus (oYo)

Lol, comeback year with the Pats?? Have you seen how many WRs they have now. Right now if the season started today, they have Welker, Lloyd, and Branch. Plus they signed Anthony Gonzalez, Jabar Gaffney, and Donte Stallworth (he won't make team), and still have Edelman too. It will be lucky if Ocho even makes the team and gets on the field let alone has a comeback year.

He needs to stop wasting time on a team that doesnt really want him and join a team that he could start on like the Browns, Rams, Bills, or even Texans.

8. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

I haven't followed this closely, but from what I understand, the crux of the issue is that the NFL concealed information about the dangers from the players.

If that's true, they will get hit hard. Its similar to the tobacco company litigation in that regard.

9. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I hope this guy finds his way out of the NFL soon.

10. NewHorizans

NewHorizans Titans Ruckus (oYo)

And why the heck did he call the Commish Dad??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar