Grade Fisher and Reese...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by rcarie, Jan 16, 2006.

?
  1. A

8.8%
  2. B

5.9%
  3. C

35.3%
  4. D

35.3%
  5. F

11.8%
  6. Pack it in and fire his ars!!

2.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

We all know that there are several people who are not fans of the current DC (trust us, we know). This is not a poll involving coordinators so leave them out. Ultimatley Jeff Fisher and Floyd Reese are responsible for this team. Based on that, what kind of grade would you give them (Fisher and Reese) for the 2005 season?

This is the question posed to sports writers last night on News Channel 5 Sports. Just interested in what people think, though, I have a pretty good Idea...

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I don't know if it makes sense to give them a combined grade.

3. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

ok , rcarie

try for #3 ..... :brow:

i thought about mentioning separate polls before you deleted the last one

but , I'l do this again :

Reese = B- I thought he had a decent draft

Jeff = C- decent job dealing with strife, but lost the team near the end

4. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

You can grade em how ever you want. This is how they did it last night so I threw it our there. If you want to list seperate grades you can. It's more of a conversation thing than anything else...

5. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

well, I think it's safe to remove "A"

6. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Fisher - C+

Reece - C

7. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

so do i take the sum and then the average ?

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I'm trying to figure out if we grade Reese on the draft class, the one entering its third season or the overall talent on the team.

9. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

is there a difference ?

10. Nine

Nine Starter

Even if you grade them individually, it's hard to give an accurate assessment...

For the rookies, I'd give them an A-. Floyd brought in a very talented rookie class, most of whom made considerable contributions throughout the season. Fisher did a great job of coaching up the younger players, and turned the rookie class into some of the team's most consistent and productive players.

However, if you grade them on their performance with veteran players, I'd have to give them both F's...Fisher in particular. We obviously cast much of the blame on mediocre personnel...which is putting it mildly...but the fact of the matter is, almost every veteran on the team had a career-worst season in 2004. If it was just one or two guys, that would be understandable....but when most of your veteran leaders are playing far below their potential, then there's probably an underlying problem. And obviously, coaching (or the lack thereof) is the one common thread shared by all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar