Grade the 2013 Titans draft (very early edition)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Alex1939, Apr 27, 2013.

?

Grade the Titans Draft

Poll closed May 4, 2013.
  1. A

39.5%
  2. B

52.6%
  3. C

6.6%
  4. D

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. F

1.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I vote B.

Very happy with 1st and 2nd round. Didn't like 3rd round picks. Warmed up to the 4th round C, like the 5th round and 7th round. Don't know much about the CB we took in the 6th round.

2. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

LOVED the 1st rd pick

LOVED the 2nd rd pick (I'm not a UT fan btw)

LOVED the 4th rd pick

Liked the 5th rd pick

Not sure about the 3rds just because I don't know much about them, but they sound like good picks. Definitely need CB and LB depth

Really have no idea about the 6th and 7th, but if like I said in an earlier thread, there are no busts/reaches in those rounds anyway.

3. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

I said C just because I didn't like trading up for Hunter and I'm not confident in either of the CB's we got.

4. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

Excellent draft.

In my opinion, we got the best player at the position in chance and Hunter.

We got a starter at a weak position in the center.

We got two press corners with size, and another fast linebacker. And a rotational pass rusher.

Pretty clearly, the fo went into this with a plan. They called an audible when hunter fell, and moved up and got him.

Imo, all need were addressed in at least a cursory fashion. Would have liked more d line help, but you can't do everything in one draft, and sometimes you have to take what falls, not what you want.

Bottom line: I see three players that will start full time as rookies (chance, Hunter, schwenke) and two who should see significant time (Wilson, gooden). And then some depth/rotational guys (Edwards, wooden, Stafford.)

Pretty Damn good haul. I give it an A-.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

I voted B.

Got Warmack, Hunter (however I don't think we needed to trade up) and a nasty C, who the experts called the nastiest OL in the draft, and the 7th round pick (who I think will eventually start for us). I also liked the Wilson pick. I remember hearing the Falcons were going to select him with their 1st round pick at one time.

Wasn't really sold on the DE from LSU, nor did I care for our 6th round pick.

I'm in between on the LB from Missouri. I just didn't think he was a need, but from what I see, we have a hell of an athlete, so I like this pick more than I hate it.

6. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

A. TitansWrath pretty much sums it up for me as well.

3 immediate starters, 2 guys with significant playing time, and some key bench/special teams players. We can't really ask for more than that right after the draft. Titans said they got the top G, WR, and C on their board if that's the case (and why would they lie) that's pretty damn good. DE rotation will be solid, OL will be nasty, Locker now has all the tools for success, and CJ will be hitting some open holes.

7. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Hopefully Wilson can be our Samari Rolle.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. XO

XO Nevada Native

Chance Warmack - A+

Justin Hunter - A+

Wreh-Wilson - B

Zavier Gooden - C+

Schwenke - B+

Lavar Edwards - C

Wooten - ???

Stafford - ???

I think the first three picks are excellent.

Overall... A-

Got no clue and know nothing about the last two guys.

9. Carp

Carp Starter

B- overall.

But I do think we got 3 legit starters out of this draft, and at least 2 good depth guys that will see plenty of playing time.

10. corymiller

corymiller New Era Connoisseur

Loved the Warmack pick.

Like the Hunter pick, will love it if 2011 Justin Hunter shows up before the ACL(not a UT fan).

Love the 4th round pick in taking the Center from Cal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar