Grade the Titans Draft

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by TitanJeff, Apr 27, 2008.

?
  1. A+ to B+

2 vote(s)
    4.9%
  2. B

7 vote(s)
    17.1%
  3. B-

6 vote(s)
    14.6%
  4. C+

8 vote(s)
    19.5%
  5. C

2 vote(s)
    4.9%
  6. C-

6 vote(s)
    14.6%
  7. D+

3 vote(s)
    7.3%
  8. D

3 vote(s)
    7.3%
  9. D-

3 vote(s)
    7.3%
  10. F

1 vote(s)
    2.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I'll be posting an article in the morning with the grades from the draft "experts". But I wanted to do a poll here of what fans felt the Titans deserved.

I only had 10 options so groups the A+ to B+ range as I get the feeling few will be picking that high.

2. smili

smili Starter

Voted D, but admittedly I don't know enough about the players we drafted until I see them on the field. On the surface it just feels below average in that we didn't sufficiently address key areas of need. Would've felt better with a higher calibur CB and WR in the mix.

3. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I honestly don't know how to grade our draft.

On strategy, I would give us a D because I think we didn't move when we should have and when we did it was ineffective or unnecessary.

On basis of need, I'd give us a C-.

idk on talent, because I think we took a lot of fliers. I like our picks, but I would have done things differently in rounds 2-4 so I'd have to give it a C- in that regard.

So overall C-. I hope our fliers pan out and make this an A draft!

4. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

c-, simply b/c I don't know that much about the players taken. First pick looks really good from the youtube videos. other than that, I haven't seen any of them play

5. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

I went with C- based on what the guys above mentioned, I thought the strategy was way off, Johnson would have been there later and we could have traded up in the second to get one of the recievers (I've posted numbers elsewhere, basically it would have taken at most a fourth rounder) or taken Manningham with the third, if we'd done either I think I would have been looking at the C+ to B range

6. Bobo

Bobo Guest

CJ may have been a bit of a reach, same for Jones. Hard to say though, and they fill needs. I'm really looking forward to seeing them.

I like what Stevens will bring as a blocker for a running team. I think he goes before the 3rd round if his receiving production matches his combine performance. Now lets hope he can develop as a receiver.

I still wonder if Hayes couldn't have been had w/o shipping the 5th round pick off. Otoh, he sounds like he has the skills to be a good pass rusher. I agree with trying to emphasize the pass rush.

Lavelle Hawkins....another average WR? I still would like to see more than a mid round pick to upgrade the WR core. Yeah maybe he's the next Mason, but I think that's unlikely. That said, the team could be fine if some of the other young WR's emerge and if they get a solid contribution from CJ.

Not sure what to think of Stanford Keglar. Has the athleticism to be a good ST's guy right away. Didn't make a lot of tackles or big plays in college, so you wonder if he's just another guy we got enamored with because he ran a good 40. He could be worth the pick if he's a good STer.

Cary Williams has good height and speed. Reminds me of Tony Bekham. I think that type is worth a 7th.

B-

But of course grading a draft isn't really saying much until 3-4 years down the road.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Although hindsight would make everyone here an amazing GM, how do you know CJ would have been there later?

There is no telling whatsoever who went where. This was evident by so many (supposed) 1st rounders going far later than expected.

8. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Can we have a poll to grade TJ's predictions? Sorry, I wasn't around on the first day, did you get mocked enough for the "titans don't take a RB on day 1" prediction? Not that I would have disagreed with you, if I'd had to have said something before hand I would have said that you were making an unfair bet, but I just want to make sure that this has been brought up enough...

9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

My predictions? F

Count me among the many who felt the Titans would go WR/DE in one combination or another in the first two rounds. I still question using a #1 for a part-time RB regardless of his speed but I hope to be proven wrong now that Johnson is the pick.

We'll know in time.

And no one took me up on my bet which would have netted someone with a overly-priced game day beer. :ha:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar