Grade the Titans Draft

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by TitanJeff, Apr 27, 2008.

?
  1. A+ to B+

2 vote(s)
    4.9%
  2. B

7 vote(s)
    17.1%
  3. B-

6 vote(s)
    14.6%
  4. C+

8 vote(s)
    19.5%
  5. C

2 vote(s)
    4.9%
  6. C-

6 vote(s)
    14.6%
  7. D+

3 vote(s)
    7.3%
  8. D

3 vote(s)
    7.3%
  9. D-

3 vote(s)
    7.3%
  10. F

1 vote(s)
    2.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

This happened last year too. "The more I look at this draft, the better it seems". Yes, because you're optimistic.
    You shouldn't have to basically force yourself to believe this draft or the last one was good, but thats what we're having to do.

If you try to see it as better, it probably will seem that way.

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

That, plus we're now learning more about these guys. Mix in coach's comments (who we trust) and it's easier to be optimistic about the picks.

3. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Why not just jump off a ledge or something.
    First of all there was not a single WR in this draft that they thought was a #1 guy. You can ball, whine, cry, pout all you want but 31 other teams felt the same way. Hawkins isn't dog crap. He is a telented WR who IMO has as good of a chance as any guy we could have drafted earlier of developing into a special player. If Hawkins doesn't work out we blew a 4th round pick. Big deal. The kid was great value and I'd rate him higher in potential than P. Williams or Davis, guys we actually took ealier last year. Hawkins is 2nd round value in the 4th.

Secondly, if you can't understand the importance of having a stud blocking TE especially in the red zone you might as well quit watching football. Scaife and Crumpler aren't exactly top line blockers. Being able to get the best blocking TE in the draft who also happens to run a 4.6 40 (that is as faster than 90% of the TEs in the draft) is a huge plus. The guy will be utilized from day one.

I can't even imagine how ridiculous the comment on Jason Jones is. Have you not taken your meds today? Odom was a late 2nd rounder for us and I think this kid can be the same kind of player but hopefully not as injury prone which held Odom back his first few years. If you are going to project that a guy they drafted is going to become so good they can't afford to keep him you have some real issues.

On the Hayes pick you apparently don't get it. Guys in the 260-270 pound range that can run like this kid are elite athletes. The scouts and coaches think he can develop into a darn good player. Run your mouth in front of Washburn about what a fool he is for wanting this kid out at Baptist park during training camp. Let him know what a fool you think he is. Not that Wash doesn't know a little more about football than you do.

4. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

This paragraph is a great example of why we need a new GM. Here ya go Vince Young, we give you Paul Williams, Chris Davis, and Lavelle Hawkins. Good luck becoming a probowl QB!

I never said Hawkins was dog crap. But he didn't have the college career or the build/speed of many of the highly touted WRs in this draft.

And I guess this has to be brought up in every freaking thread... :rolleyes:
    Just because a WR wasn't taken in the first round, doesn't mean there wasn't a first round WR out there on many teams boards. Teams could've went with need before WR, teams could've thought they could land the WR they want in the 2nd since so many are slipping.

Dude, if you can't understand the importance of CB depth, maybe you should quit watching football.

Or maybe we could both quit making stupid juvenile statements like above.

Right over your head huh?

It was simply another shot at our front office. Yeah we needed a DE, because the one we drafted years ago that finally developed after spending years in our system, well we let him walk.

I just hope if this guy is worth a damn, that this isnt an endless cycle of the way Titans manage players.

And the guy better come in and be AS GOOD as Odom THIS SEASON, or we will be taking a step backwards on the D-line.

You are right, I don't get this pick. Mainly I don't get the trade up to make sure we get him, because oh my god we would've been totally ****ed if we couldn't have drafted this guy.

Sorry to have an opinion different than yours, and to not be a total sheep to everything the Titans do. Maybe that shouldn't make you so upset. You know, it's alright that you think this draft was fantastic while I think it's been an all around crappy offseason.

5. HornedToad10

HornedToad10 Camp Fodder

At the least, it was better than last years draft. And if we accept the fact that Chris Henry is already a bust, then RB is somewhat more of a need and makes sense.

I'm in the C+/B- camp, while downgrading last years from below average to terrible/pathetic based on C. Henry.

6. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

we need a new GM

7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

True. Would be nice to see video on someone other than CJ and our Undrafted FAs.

8. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

Neither did Derrick Mason. But studs like Mike Williams and Charles Rogers did. :suspect: The point is, just as many receivers from rounds 4-7 are successful compared to receivers from rounds 1-3.

So a backup CB is more important than a blocking tight end on a run first team?

Odom was often injured and only produced one year of the 4 he was here. I wanted to resign him too, but the argument against it is solid.

We would've been totally ****ed if we didn't get this guy and he turns out to be another Adalius Thomas. Especially if he wound up in Indy or Jacksonville instead.

9. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

Sorry, double post. Go Titans!

10. Kid Gloves

Kid Gloves Guest

Not that you'd be knocking them for their opinions. :suspect:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar