Grades/First Impressions

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Childress79, Aug 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Trolling?! Cool Story Bro's?! Zyzz lives on!

Tittans looked good, no real complaints I like what we could become this season.

2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I can't wait to see what Jerry Gray does all season long. Could we possibly have a top-10 defense this year? I think so.

Hopefully we play like this all year, plus add in CJ, and we could surprise some people.

3. 757Titan

757Titan We had zero pro bowlers

Thats possible, barring injuries i think top 15 is reasonable

4. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

i don't know.. i'm going to play devil's advocate and say that i'm a bit worried about the pass rushing...

5. 757Titan

The pass rushing? I think it will be much better than last year. D Morgan is healthy, JJ is at DE. Ball is a serviceable rotation body. Jacob ford will be used situationally in Gray's skeem. We seem to blitz DB's more frequently. Klug has a high motor. casey was causing problems for the o-line. Akeem Ayers will be blitzing quite a bit. Hopefully we have 3-4 guys with over 7 sacks

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I was pleasantly surprised how good we looked with only 2 weeks of practice. It is preseason however, so any good has to be taken with a grain of salt. We saw very basic stuff vs the Vikings. Once those exotic blitz packages turn up, THEN we'll know where we stand as a team. BUT it does seem like everyone is trying to make the team, even the starters are flying around with some intensity. Very happy with that.

McRath was the only player who stood out to me as a guy who needs more work before he plays. Griffin & Morgan need to turn it up a little also, but nothing they did hurt us, McRath blew a few plays.

7. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

That's the least of my worries. I'm more worried about pass coverage, all of our corners are just average in speed. Right now, Hope is still our starting SS. We got burnt alot in coverage last year.

Gray is a very complex DC, and supposedly has plenty of advances blitzes. My guess is he didn't want to do a ton of his "special" blitz packages, and is saving them for the regular season. I can see your concern though, but I think Captain Morgan and Jason Jones will do just fine. Not to mention we have great depth with Ford, Ball, Hayes, and Klug. Also 'Spoon and Ayers aren't horrible 43 OLB pass rushers.

I do hope Morgan develops into an solid pass rusher. He has some doubters on this forum, but I think if he stays healthy we could have a Pro-Bowler. 10+ sacks for Morgan this year? I think so.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. 757Titan

Chris Hope is my main concern as well, The interior O-Line is probably my second.

9. JCBRAVE

Not entirely true. It was a preseason game last year that convinced me the Packers could win the Super Bowl. Then they won it! So IDK, sometimes preseason can forecast whats to come, other times it is useless.

10. JCBRAVE

When I saw the No.23 out there playing, I thought I was dreaming. I also noticed we seem to keep former players numbers circulating. Is that to keep fans with 97, 23, 10, and 55 jerseys happy?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar