Grading our team

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by vinceisalive, Jan 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vinceisalive

vinceisalive Camp Fodder

A thread to analyze/critique our team piece by piece.

I'll start with one position, feel free to add another.

Marc Mariani:

Grade: A

Rightfully deserves his Pro Bowl Selection. He consistently brought life to our return game. Exhibits explosiveness, wise decision making, good hands and shifty legs. A rookie that is already making a positive impact in our game.

2. PorcupineTree

PorcupineTree Starter

Agree on Mariani good player, good pick up by the soon to be ex-head coach ;o)

Britt A+ Stud plain and simple, but I am wondering how and why he seems to get hurt so often... That is a worrying trait he has shown this year.

Cookie B+. Would have been higher but the kid has to learn to block better over all !!!
    Williams B+ - This kid can play and can catch, lots of upside, now that Fisher actually let him play.

Other than that was there really anything else (other than the normal stable stuff like umm, Bironas, yeah that's it I think) to get excited over ?

3. vinceisalive

vinceisalive Camp Fodder

There's not a lot to be excited about on a 6-10 team. Feel free to pick apart the pieces that need replacement too.

4. SchindlersFist

SchindlersFist Camp Fodder

Chris Hope- D

Justin Gage- F

Bo Scaife- D

Play Calling- D+

Stephen Tulloch- B-

Kenny Britt- A

Mariani- A

Jason Babin- B

Michael Griffin- A

Jason McCourty- B

Just a few off the top of my head

5. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

Entire Interior Oline:

Grade(averaged): D
    Harris: C
    Amano: F
    Scott: D

The interior offensive line had to be the most disappointing players in my opinion.

Eugene Amano was consistently pushed backwards in the running game and failed to provide a pocket for our QB's to step up into. Amano was also called for a number of holding calls and false starts. (How do you even mange to do that when you are hiking the ball?) He also fumble three or four snaps one of which injured Young and ultimately started Fisher's game of musical quarterbacks. This season Amano proved that the only position he is worse at then guard is center.

As bad as Amano was Scott wasn't much better. He was not physical enough to hold of opposing Dt's and was ineffective at creating holes in the running game. Scott was also the most penalized player on the Titans offensive line. (Which is saying something considering he was competing with Amano). Many of these penalties resulted in positive plays being called back and killing drives.

Harris was lackluster in his debut season as a starter. Unlike Amano and Scott, however, he didn't make have a plethora of negative plays. Harris has shown to be an effective center in the past so maybe his play was a result of him being used out of position.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. SchindlersFist

SchindlersFist Camp Fodder

o-line has been awful...i believe a few of them are in contract years, i would like to see one or two new faces on the unit

7. KC_Titan

KC_Titan Starter

I agree with most your other ones, but Griff borders on a low B at best imo. Probably more of a C.

8. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

Only Harris is in a contract year.

Years Left on Contracts
    Roos: 3
    Harris: 0
    Amano: 4
    Scott: 1
    Stewart: 3

9. PorcupineTree

PorcupineTree Starter

There was soooooo much bad play throughout the bulk of our team this year that I'll be writing and analyzing until tomorrow morning if I start...

The O line in general as Finnbosch says above was hideous, the Dline tried hard all year but is undersized and was also supremely undisciplined most of the time, the linebackers are slow and can't cover and are not really impact play makers, and the secondary was pretty pathetic starting with Hope who has to go, Finny wasn't a whole lot better and Griffin started out on fire and slowly started to peter out as the year went along. Verner and McCourty look decent, but are still essentially rookies in my mind and are going to need more seasoning.

Skill position wise we really ought to be set for quite a while, but we need coaches and a QB and O Line to make them as productive as they have the potential to be... So many glaring problems that were masked by that 5-2 start... hard to believe we only won one more game after that... Truly baffling if you try to get your head around it.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. TJFish

TJFish The Arkansan

Collins: D-
    Cook: B+
    Scaife: C
    Britt: A-
    Mariani: A+
    Fisher: F
    Vince: B+
    Gage: F
    O-Line: D
    D-Line: B-
    LBackers: D+
    Secondary: D+
    Finny: C-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar