Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Grantland: "Are We Witnessing the Rise of Jake Locker?"

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titanbuoy, Sep 25, 2013.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 4 users.
  1. Psychop1 Big Tee

Washington
    Moolah:
    $4,754
    One thing I notice that isn't being taken into consideration is how much better Locker is when is allowed to find a rhythm. The run, run, pass, punt strategy doesn't allow that. We saw less of that on Sunday. Hopefully, the coaches realize that. When I look at the stat line this article is referencing after three games, I'm reminded about how abysmal our gameplan was against the Steelers and Texans.
    JCBRAVE and SlidePiece high five this.
  2. ImATitan Starter

Brown
    Moolah:
    $7,973
    What do you mean? He says it right here:
    Of course, that play isn't Locker's fault, as he hits Delanie Walker in stride over the middle of the field, only for Walker to drop the pass into the arms of Marcus Gilchrist, who then promptly drops the game-winning interception.
  3. Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $8,134
    My mistake.
  4. Deuce Wayne Damnit, I cant find my driving moccasins anywhere!

Martin
    Moolah:
    $15,644
  5. 520 Starter

Moolah:
    $5,602
    olong johnson
    nbtoppers2, GoT and Kaeotik high five this.
  6. RollTide All-Pro

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $3,891

Jake Locker is rising as fast as a 12 year old's dick!
  7. Scarecrow CEO of PPO

Wright
    Moolah:
    $97

I don't have enough WTFs in my vocabulary to properly express how ****ed that was.
  8. JCBRAVE #getyourlifetogether

Casey
    Moolah:
    $216,091
    Thats good right?
  9. Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $8,134
    Oh Don Piano
  10. xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

Casey
    Moolah:
    $31,155
    Locker still misses easy completions on a routine basis, he HAS to start limiting those. He's improved a ton, but he's not done yet. Can't wait to see him at the end of the year.

You guys notice how every game this year he's gotten better? Not only that, it seems we open up the playbook more and more every game. Check out his game by game stats, every game his #s improve.

locker.jpg

More comp, att, comp%, yards, avg, rating, and r. yards every game. Impressive. I'm just hoping we can get a consistent 60+ comp% on 20+ completions w/ around 250+ yards every game. Pair that with 1 TD and the occassional INT, with 30+ rushing yards.